3rd Trimester

It worked! The version worked

I posted yesterday about going in to try to turn the baby. Went in this morning and he turned like a champ! I'm so excited!!! Here's to hoping he stays put now :) 

For anyone thinking of trying this - for me, it hurt but wasn't unbearable. And, the baby cooperated so it only lasted about 1-2 minutes.

Happy Day!  

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: It worked! The version worked

• Thats great news!  Hope your LO stays put now.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations! I was hoping you'd have good news for us. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah congrats, I hope if it comes to it my LO will cooperate too.  I'm so glad it worked for you.  Now I'm sending you "stay head down" vibes...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is awesome! Now stay head down LO!!

Just curious, how exactly do doctors try to flip the baby? Do they try and turn baby from pushing on your stomach or do they go internally? I am totally clueless and am interested in how they do that now... can you explain? TIA!

• imageCactusGirl:

That is awesome! Now stay head down LO!!

Just curious, how exactly do doctors try to flip the baby? Do they try and turn baby from pushing on your stomach or do they go internally? I am totally clueless and am interested in how they do that now... can you explain? TIA!

They gave me a shot that helps to relax the uterus. After that they do it from the outside - the doctor pushes on your stomach and literally moves the baby around. He said that some give pain medicine but he's against it b/c then I can't tell him when it REALLY starts to hurt...and he wanted to be able to know that in case. Then they monitor the baby after to make sure his heart rate is okay and movement...and that's it! Really simple (at least mine was) - from my experience. I hope all women who choose to do this have such a positive experience.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That is awesome!  Congrats!
  • Yay!!!!! So happy for you and lo!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo15Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • So happy for you!  Glad to know it was not too bad.  I am only 33 weeks, so I am going to try the pelvic tilts, Webster Technique and acupuncture.  My doctors office was totally on board for trying those techniques now and then they will access me at 36 weeks if still breech for possible version if I am a candidate.  I am trying everything to give it a shot :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"