Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

WWYD re: possible food allergy

So far DS1 has not had an allergic reaction to anything EXCEPT this one day last week, he was eating dinner (no new foods) and all of a sudden he got a bright red bumpy patch on his cheek.  It definitely looked like an allergic reaction so I gave him Benadryl and within 20 minutes it was gone.  MH and I were talking about what could have happened and he theorized that perhaps he touched S with his hands and he was eating sushi, some of which had crab and shrimp.  Obviously shellfish is a common allergy and I can't think of a time when S has had shellfish in the past so I'm thinking he's allergic possibly.  How do I test the theory though?  I really don't want to take him to an allergist...  Would it be completely off the wall to touch some shrimp and then touch his face to see what happens or am I being stupid?  You can be honest.  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD re: possible food allergy

• Options
    CHI-06CHI-06 member
    my daughter got hives once during a meal and we couldn't figure out what it was.  We just wrote down everything she ate ( and I guess touched).  We then just waited to see if it happened again.  I did not test her by giving her possible allergens.  I also made sure we had Benedryl in the diaper bag. 
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    Jen748Jen748 member

Call your Dr.

DD had a reaction to PB a few months ago and our Dr wanted to see her. They ordered a test which involved a little blood draw. Found out she is allergic enough to need an EPI pen on her at all times.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"