3rd Trimester
Options

EPO to thin cervix???

Just wondering if anyone has used EPO (evening primrose oil) to start thinning your cervix?? I know sex is supposed to help...but was wondering what others have done to help with this process??

Re: EPO to thin cervix???

• Options
    i would also like to know if it's too late to start.  i'm 41 weeks and 2 days.
  • Options
    I used it with DD. I started when I reached full term, first orally only and then orally and vaginally. The night I upped my vaginal dose to 3, my water broke. I don't think it is too late. I would give it a shot. Do all the rest too - sex, walking, yoga ball, have your dr strip your membranes...good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am going to go ahead and say that I think it is too late to make any difference at 41 weeks (but it can't hurt, I guess). 

I have been reading up on it - it is typically recommended to begin around 34 weeks, and it is not meant to induce labour as often believed, it is used to help prepare the cervix for labour, and if your body isn't otherwise ready to go into labour it won't jump-start it or anything. I don't have a midwife but I asked one I know and she said to start taking 1000mg daily at 32-34 weeks. 

BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"