Natural Birth

XP Dec: Nutrition focus at prenatal appts?

With our CPM, we spend a significant amount of time talking about diet and excersize. I am at a good weight & am not considered over/underweight. The CPM considers this part of her standard practice. I am curious if this is a common protocol with home birth midwives?
someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

Re: XP Dec: Nutrition focus at prenatal appts?

• I'm seeing a CNM, so I can't really speak for home birth midwives, but diet and exercise has been discussed at all of my appointments so far. I am also at a healthy weight.
    DS 12/18/2011
    DD 8/28/2014
    DD 5/24/2016, stillborn at 40 weeks
  • I talk about nutrition a lot with my MW.  Its not about making sure IM not gaining too much weight, its about making sure I am eating the nutrients my body and baby need. Its very normal, and is a sign of a good MW. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My CPMs had diet and exercise tracking sheets that they evaluated at eac appointment.  At least 50% of my appts were spent evaluating what I was eating and what nutrients and vitamins I need to be getting more of.  I am also a normal weight.

• I am required to do a 3-day diet history to discuss my diet, but this time around, I haven't had many discussions about diet and exercise yet.  But it may also be because I am an OB nurse?  Not sure.  But it is a part of my appts but not a huge part as of yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My CNM spent most of our appointments talking about diet and exercise. It's actually why I switched to an OB- I have HG and didn't appreciate constant lectures about me not eating enough. It wasn't by choice and she wouldn't listen. 
    DS May 12, 2009 DD September 7, 2011
  • I see CNMs, but nutrition has definitely been discussed. At my 12 week appointment I brought in a 2 day food log and filled in a nutrition worksheet and we discussed it.

Weight has been discussed since, but since my weight gain is good so far, she hasn't brought up nutrition again. 

imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"