Multiples

DH and breastfeeding

Were your husbands apprehensive about the amount of time you planned to breasted for? Dh thinks I should wean at 6months the latest. What resources did you use to educate and convince your husbands otherwise? I think the biggest problem is that he has never been exposed to breastfeeding and I think his gold standard is 3months (old school ideology?!)

Also, my boobies are a huge-HUGE- part of my sexuality. They are very sensitive and can instantly break my will! lol So, when the babies are born there will be a swtich in my brain that changes that right? I just can't imagine them as being for anything other than play. After BF do they return to being toys?

Fraternal twin boys born 1/12/12 at 36 weeks
Identical twin girls expected in March! 

Re: DH and breastfeeding

• My husband wasn't apprehensive about it, he really didn't have an opinion about it except for that he knew it was good and wanted me to do it.  I b/f my first for 15 months.  (just 1x a day after 12m).  Honestly if you WANT to breastfeed, do it until you want to stop or the babies want to stop, not him!  Sorry that's probably wrong but I didn't even consider my husband when I thought about how long I would b/f for (LOL that's probably bad, don't know!)

And I'm sure everyone is different but after I b/f my son I never got back that sexual pleasure from them! :(  I think it was starting to get better but then I got pg w/ the twins!  Prob not what you wanted to hear but I think it was a mental thing for me anyway.

Good luck!

• No.  DH took a BF class with me.  He was very supportive and left the decision on when to wean up to me.  After all, it was my body! He was great to attend the class with.  When I encountered problems later, he was the one to recall a lot of the info we learned. 

Maybe try to have him go to a class?  Also, is he aware of the benefits to your child about BF? 

Have you explained why YOU want to BF?

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Girls, my DH is crazy...the funny thing is...he is insistant that I breastfeed for three months! lol. no less no more?

we plan on taking bradley birth classes which cover breastfeeding and I know he will come around once he knows the facts. I think the media has sucessfully scared Dh, he is terrified of me nursing the babies too long, to the point of "creepy"

Fraternal twin boys born 1/12/12 at 36 weeks
    Identical twin girls expected in March! 
  • No, my husband was very supportive of me BF for as long as I wanted and assumed I would be doing it for at least a year. All of his sister did extended BF with all of their kids, so he was a great support for me.

I am still debating on when to wean. I still nurse 3 times a day. I am hoping the babies will start weaning themselves soon, but my plan is to wean at 18 months.

as for the sexuality issue, my boobs are for milk right now, so I have no idea if they will return to being for play. My husband sure hopes that they return to being his toys.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 008
  • My H was 100% supportive, so I can't really identify, but I will tell you that the breastfeeding class we took was great. I recommend you drag your H to a class that is all about breastfeeding. And if he still protests after that, tell him to back off--it's your body, your call. :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DH was a little weird about me BFing our first child.  He knew he was not BF'd as a baby and he thought it would be weird to know that he was.  I think he was over thinking it, to be honest.  I just explained to him how important it was to me to BF and how I really wanted to.  He was supportive, but he's pretty supportive in general.  And he's TOTALLY a boob guy.  Yes, when you are BFing, they become food, no sexual objects.  It's weird how that happens instantly.  I BF'd for 13 months and as soon as I was done, they went right back being fun again.  Don't even worry about that!!  Big Smile 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My "girls" are just as sensitive as ever, and just as much of a toy as they were before.  I dont see any difference in our sex life whatsoever since the boys were born... 

Spontaneous Di/Di twin boys born at 34 weeks on 02/21/2011
    Baby #3 due January 2016
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Can you tell him how much money you will save if you BF for the first year?
  • I am still nursing 3 or more times a day and do not plan to wean anytime soon it is more comfort now for them but I also think it helps keeps our toddlers healthy, actually mine have not even been sick yet which is pretty amazing.  My DH was not thrilled about bf until he saw how easy it made his life and how healthy the babies were because of it.  Ours were born early and I think bf helped them greatly though it was tricky at first with such small babies.  Plus, my DH was thrilled he did not have to make bottles in the middle of the night and as they got older our fussy teething babies could be soothed in seconds.  It is amazing to feed your babies with your own body no matter how long you choose to do it.  Wishing you bf success :)   
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• My DH was supportive of breastfeeding. However, only V could latch on. My other son had issues and received expressed breast milk in a bottle. DH didn't think it was fair for one to get the breast and the other a bottle. After a week I ended up giving both a bottle because it was just easier and less time consuming than breastfeeding, pumping and bottle feeding. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"