Upstate NY Babies
Options

Quick Help--Road Trip Related

What is something relatively healthy and not super messy that I can pack for T for dinner in the car?  We're leaving on a 6 hour car trip around 3, so we may want to stop at dinner time anyway, but she might get hungry early than we do.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Quick Help--Road Trip Related

• Options

I know some people on here like those veggie pouches - but for us, that would be super messy since dd squirts them everywhere.

Blue berries, cheese, pieces of lunch meat or cut up some plain chicken breast, plain pasta.  DD would be pretty messy with anything, but if I sat back there with her I could hand her the pieces individually and she would be good with that stuff.

• Options

a sandwich cut in 4 pieces

cheese stick, crackers and fruit (something not messy, like apple, banana, grapes)

those yogurt tubes, frozen w/ fruit and crackers

I would just bring a bunch of snacks, so she doesn't get too hungry until you stop someplace. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We try to stick with dry snacks in te car since we have a car sick kid.  Every road trip, each kid gets their own snack bag.  A sandwich baggie filled a with mixture of things like goldfish crackers, chees-its, pretzels, cereal...  Some times I through in a whole wheat bagel or a few marshmellow for a treat (Bri's favorite).  Always seems to work out well.
  • Options

I pack a lot of dry goods too.

But a definite for us is a banana. We also do pb&j for Evan and whole wheat bagels or pitas, cheese sticks, mum mums,

• Options
    We normally pack Abby goldfish, cheese, apple slices, crackers(this can be slightly messy),  cheerios. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Along with other suggestions...PB&J :)
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Chelsea always spills or drips or drops food, so we stick to dry snacks in the car.  Cheerios, goldfish, dried fruit, almonds, pretzels, stuff like that. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"