3rd Trimester

Induction - good or bad?

I was to the doctor yesterday and will go back in 1 week if this baby decides to stay in. A NST will be done and he will talk about inducing me. I have heard induction has been horrible for some ppl and fine for others. Anyone been induced before?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Induction - good or bad?

• I was induced at 39 weeks due to GD. I had a very positive experience over all. The whole process took 56 hours, and I was actually in labor for 38 hours. Pushed for 20 minutes and delivered vaginally. It took so long because I needed 2 rounds of cervidil (to soften the cervix) as I hadn't made any progress on my own yet. Even with the pitocin things weren't that intense until they broke my water. DD was "sunny side up" which caused back labor, and combined with the pitocin it got to be too much and I got an epidural. My epidural actually caused labor to speed up because I could finally relax and she was born 6 hours later.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My water broke with DD and I wasn't making any progress so they decided to induce labor. I didn't have any trouble with it and would do it again if needed. They hooked me up at 1:00-2:00pm and I had DD at 6:39pm. GL.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My induction was great! (as great as it could have been!) I went in at 6 am, and had my baby boy around 5:30.  I didn't feel a thing! And I only pushed for maybe 5 mins. He was a healthy baby weighing over 8 pounds! Don't listen to other people's horror stories about it, because it will just send your mind spinning! Just try not to think about the process, and focus more on the baby you will be holding! I slept for 90% of my labor. I think its the best experience it could have been. Nothing like the movies! Good luck!
    BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DS1 i was induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e. granted i was already 4cm when i started the induction it was a very quick labor (6 hours) and i was able to do it pain-med free. i had a very positive experience with it but my body was ready for labor.

• I wasn't induced with DS (41 weeks) but I did have to have pitocin because I was stuck at a 6.  My body responded well to it and I had a great labor and delivery.

With DD I will be induced at 39 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was induced at 40 weeks 1 day with my DS due to GD and all was great. started at 8-ish and he was born at 12:30 so about 4 hours. With DD they gave me pitosin(Sp?) to start contractions after my water broke at 38 weeks 4 days. Got to hospital at 1:30, pitosin at 3:30, pushed for 15 minutes and she was born at 5:01.  I will be induced at 39 weeks (if i make it to then) due to large baby with this DS.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I had an induction with my first.

It was just fine actually. They started at 2pm and she was born at 3 something the next day.

I never had any drug reactions, overly strong contractions, unprogressed labor or anything else people complain about.

My outcome sucked (stillbirth, but we knew that, hence the induction) but the actual induction I would honestly do again in a heartbeat.

• I've heard that labor is more painful with pitocin. I really would like to go into labor as natural as possible, I don't want to be induced if possible. I've been told about risks with induction such as fetal distress that can make an emergency C-section needed. There are risks with anything, though. 

I'm not sure if my doctor will want to induce me or not, being as I have GD. Guess I will find out. I'm getting an epidural anyway, so I guess it won't matter if the contractions are stronger with the pitocin (if I have to be induced). As long as my baby girl is born safely and healthy, that's all that matters to me.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was induced with DD 10 days late at 41 weeks. Everything went well! I was induced at 9 am and had my DD at 5:26 that afternoon. The pitocin caused strong contractions quickly but I was fine once I got the epidural. I am due tomorrow and if my DS doesn't come on his own, I will most likely be induced again next week. I don't want to go too far past my due date. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"