Adoption

Initial home visit today. I groped the SW.

The visit went very well.  It was just an initial personal interview to get to know us/see our house.  The SW has one concern, but thinks it won't be a problem (my husband was arrested 8 years ago, the social worker just has to discuss the incident with his higher ups.  He says it shouldn't be a problem at all).

As long as his boss agrees that the incident will not be a problem, we start Pride classes on Tuesday!

So after a great visit, we finish showing him the house.  On his way out, apparently Stoli (our dog) felt the need to jump up and give him a kiss goodbye.  It left a big ole paw print on his pants.  Without thinking, I went to wipe it off - only to realize I was totally touching the guy's crotch.  Tongue Tied

5/10 - Gideon 6/12 Warren
4/11 Started adoption process for 2 siblings through DCF. 10/12 Found out we are licensed! 12/14 Brought 3 week old identical twin girls home from the hospital.  Could be at least until Summer 1015 til we know if they are forever ours

Re: Initial home visit today. I groped the SW.

• Rut-ruoh!

I wouldn't worry about it.  I'm sure he was just glad you were quick to get the dog off him.

ETA:  I'm also happy to hear that the visit went well, otherwise.  When do the classes start?

ETA Again:  Ah, I see they start on Tuesday.  I'm not at my brightest right now.  I'm still at work...listening to the Legislature hopefully close out for the season.

• OMG that's slightly mortifying and hilarious all at the same time!  Good luck with your PRIDE classes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCaptainSerious:

Rut-ruoh!

I wouldn't worry about it.  I'm sure he was just glad you were quick to get the dog off him.

ETA:  I'm also happy to hear that the visit went well, otherwise.  When do the classes start?

Classes start July 5th.  We are going away the 1-4th, so we getone last weekend away before worrying about all this adoption stuff.  And, since we will be with my family, I think we will use it as time to let them know our intentions. 

Also, the SW assured us that if we pursue having another biological, it will not interrupt the process unless we want it to.  That was a huge weight off our shoulders.  We really didn't want to have to delay getting.

4/11 Started adoption process for 2 siblings through DCF. 10/12 Found out we are licensed! 12/14 Brought 3 week old identical twin girls home from the hospital.  Could be at least until Summer 1015 til we know if they are forever ours
  • Oh no! How mortifying! But I have to say, it gave me a big laugh too. I'm sorry about that--but I understand how terrifying the interview process can be. I still get anxious thinking about ours and it was a year ago! This too shall pass. Write it down, your child will get a kick out of it someday! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • amm78amm78 member
    Hey, you never know... it might help! ;)
  • Glad to hear everything went well.  We are in a similar position with my DH, we was arrested in 2002 but my SW doesn't think it will be a problem either since it is old and he has not had any since then.  Good luck!
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad the visit went well, and thanks for making me chuckle :) Good luck with your classes and I hope everything goes smoothly and quickly for you!
    We are adopting! Currently waiting for our domestic infant adoption match.

My blog: Making Me Mom

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Oh, goodness!  That's the sort of story we all have nightmares about :)
    Seriously, I wouldn't sweat it.... And thanks for a morning laugh!
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • I'm glad you all got a good laugh out of it.  I'm still going between "WTF did I do?!?" and randomly cracking up at the thought of it.

On the plus side, I'll bet he won't forget me anytime soon!

• i see how you'd be mortified, but i have to admit it's hi-larious! (it totally sounds like something that would happen to me.)

GL on your classes!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"