3rd Trimester
Options

Something to Ponder During Work...

So, I started thinking about this today and was wondering what anyone thought about this.

My SIL and I are both pregnant (her first, my second). Both of us are on Team Green, which is cool.

I think she is having a girl, and I think I'm having a boy (I have a DD already). She thinks she's having a boy.

If we want to use an old wives tale (why not, it's fun) her baby's HB at 30 weeks is 130 and mine at 25 weeks (since I am a few weeks behind) was 160.

Any guesses??!  Has anyone had a DD with a lower hb since the wives tale would say that a 130 is a boy?!

Curious to know what you've seen with your own babies (if you are Team Blue or Team Pink or if you have a DS/DD already)!

Re: Something to Ponder During Work...

• Options
    My baby's HB is around 140-150 every visit.  I'm having a boy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo15Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Having a boy, his HB is around 150 almost always
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having a girl and at my last ultrasound her HB was 130.  Usually its between 140 and 150.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm pretty sure it has more to do with genetics than with gender. My midwife has said that mine sounds like a boy b/c it is slow. I didn't bother to mention that both my dad and I have a very slow resting heartrate, usually less than 50 bpm.

Sorry, I'm such an OWT party pooper!!  

• Options
    HB this time is always between 150 and 160 at my last 2 appointments (30 and 32 weeks) my DD's HB was around 13--140 at this point, so the OWT's are not right for me. Now, they carrying high= girl and carrying low= boy OWT is true for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesptaylor91:
    Having a boy, his HB is around 150 almost always

this exactly :)

• Options
    Our little guy's heart rate is usually around 140. It was higher at the beginning, but it has been consistent at my last 2 appointments.
  • Options

I'm having a boy - HB is always 140-150.

• Options

My SIL and I are both pregnant at the same time as well.  Our first ultrasound was at 7 weeks and my baby's heartbeat was 173.  My SIL's first ultrasound was 173 as well.  Since my 2nd trimester, the baby's heartbeat has been 150-130.  Lately it's been more in the 130's.  My SIL has been about the same.  We are both having little girls!  =)

We carry very differently though.  I carry high and she carries low.  I don't think heartbeat or how someone carries tells you though, sorry.  I know a lot of people who had boys with faster heartbeats. 

• Options

DD's heartbeat hangs around 150. One of my friends also had a son whose hearbeat hung around 150 the whole time. According to every old wives tail (except heart beat and ring trick) I should be having a boy but two ultrasounds have both shown girl.

• Options

It's fun to play the guessing games.  I used to use this site before I found out what he was. 

https://www.babybpm.com/

Have fun guessing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My LO's HB is around 155 and I'm having a boy.

I don't think you can really go by the OWT.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"