Natural Birth

Bradley?

Hi. I'm 25 weeks PG with my second, and have been going back and forth on what method I want to use to try to have a natural birth. Last time I had a reaction to the epidural and they had to turn it off before I was totally frozen, so I was only frozen from the waist down and couldn't get out of bed the entire time. Oh, and I was induced so I had back-to-back pit contractions. I ended up having an episiotemy and DS had to be vacuumed out. So this time I have decided to go with midwives in the hopes that I can avoid a lot of those complications.

I've been looking into either hypnobirthing, the Bradley method or something called Yoga birthing, and I think that what suits me best would be the Bradley method. We aren't going to be able to attend classes, so what books/resources do you recommend for home study?

TIA!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit

Re: Bradley?

• natural childbirth the bradley way is the book that is usually recommended for reading up on the bradley method.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Husband-Coached Childbirth is a great reference book if you want to use Bradley.  It is an old book (written in the 70s I believe), so some of the things Dr. Bradley says sound dated, but if you stick to the gist of what he is trying to get across (relaxation, being in the zone, having a partner to support, encourage, and make you as comfortable as possible), it's an excellent resource.  My hubby and I both got a lot of out of it, in addition to the Bradley Method class we took.  Good luck!

I am so in love with my precious little miracle!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetiffyspiffy1012:

Husband-Coached Childbirth is a great reference book if you want to use Bradley.  It is an old book (written in the 70s I believe), so some of the things Dr. Bradley says sound dated, but if you stick to the gist of what he is trying to get across (relaxation, being in the zone, having a partner to support, encourage, and make you as comfortable as possible), it's an excellent resource.  My hubby and I both got a lot of out of it, in addition to the Bradley Method class we took.  Good luck!

I'm reading this book and love it so far. DH and I also started our Bradley classes last week. Yesterday was our second class. They really go hand in hand and you might be able to find the workbook too. It was provided to us in class but I'm sure it's available at any major bookstore.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• imagemesr:

natural childbirth the bradley way is the book that is usually recommended for reading up on the bradley method.

This!  You really have to keep up with the exercises though which can be tough without the accountability of the class. Good luck!  I loved my Bradley class and I think the method is awesome, though the materials could use a little updating!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Thanks ladies! I'll see if I can also find the workbook :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Go to the Bradley website as well.  They have some good info and articles on there.  But the exercises definitely help. 
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"