3rd Trimester

Have you experienced this?

Have any of you experienced that when you get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom that your belly is rock hard?  I would think that it may be B&H, but it's everytime i get up to pee at night.  Just weird that it happens so frequently.  My other thought is maybe i'm sleeping too much on my belly that it is tightening.  It doesn't hurt, just has me curious.  I have my 32 week appt 1 week from today so i'll ask my OB then, but wondering if this is common.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Have you experienced this?

• It happens to me after long period of rest...it's basically the baby "stuck" in that one position or comfortable really. Are you really sleeping on your belly at this point? I find that the only way to ease it is by drinking ice cold water and laying on my left side.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • a full bladder can trigger a contraction, if it is the only contraction you get and it goes away than it is just a BH, for some reason though when the bladder is full it can bring them on, that would make sense why it happens when you get up to pee
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My belly is pretty rock solid a lot of the time. There's a big layer of muscle there between your tummy and the baby in order to protect her. The trainer at my gym said women's stomach muscles are almost like a towel wrapping around their middle (which is one of the reasons why it can be harder for women to tone their bellies) so its probably just that, also I think the way your baby is laying can affect how hard your stomach feels.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have noticed this for a few weeks- every time I get up at night to pee! Sometimes, even if I am resting on the couch, and get up to pee.
  • Yep!  It happens to me to.  When I wake up for the bathroom or just sitting or standing for long periods of time.   

• imagemelandgreg:
    It happens to me after long period of rest...it's basically the baby "stuck" in that one position or comfortable really. Are you really sleeping on your belly at this point? I find that the only way to ease it is by drinking ice cold water and laying on my left side.

No, i'm not sleeping on my belly.  I've always been a side sleeper and still am, so it's just the side of my belly that i'm laying on..not the whole belly.  My bladder must be tiny if thats whats triggering the contraction.  When i get up i'm not peeing much, but have a strong urge that i have to go.  I've always been a frequent bathroom user in the night.  Just different to wake up witha  rock hard belly :)

• imageQueenLouie:
    a full bladder can trigger a contraction, if it is the only contraction you get and it goes away than it is just a BH, for some reason though when the bladder is full it can bring them on, that would make sense why it happens when you get up to pee

This. It is a BH contraction from having a full bladder very normal. Sometimes these last a few minutes too. 

• I get this too, pretty much every time I get up to go to the bathroom. It's that way in the middle of the night or even if I've just been sitting for a short while, doesn't seem to matter. I notice it every time, but I've never really thought too much of it.
    All you need is love... Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yes...I've noticed this every night lately. Weird!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"