Pregnant after IF

WTF questions

My friend just went through her first IVF and it failed. I am helping her come up with a list of questions to ask at her WTF. I have several that I have already thought of but I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. TIA.
m/c 7/17/10
Dx: MFI- 3% morph
IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Re: WTF questions

• I always focused on embryo quality questions and asked if the RE thought protocol changes/additions would help. 
    TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It's a little difficult without knowing her particular circumstances, but maybe she could ask about clotting/autoimmune testing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemikeandangie:
    It's a little difficult without knowing her particular circumstances, but maybe she could ask about clotting/autoimmune testing.
    Ditto. How many eggs did they get? How did she respond to the Meds? What was their fert rate? How did they fert (normal or ICSI)? What day did they transfer? How many did they transfer and what quality? Did they have any frosties? How many and of what quality? Because it was their first IVF, it very well could just be bad luck if the cycle went well and according to plan. But if at any point they had less than steller results (with stim, fert, embryo development, lining thickness), then I would push the docs to discuss those things to make changes for next time.
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageladychicago:
    imagemikeandangie:
    It's a little difficult without knowing her particular circumstances, but maybe she could ask about clotting/autoimmune testing.
    Ditto. How many eggs did they get? How did she respond to the Meds? What was their fert rate? How did they fert (normal or ICSI)? What day did they transfer? How many did they transfer and what quality? Did they have any frosties? How many and of what quality? Because it was their first IVF, it very well could just be bad luck if the cycle went well and according to plan. But if at any point they had less than steller results (with stim, fert, embryo development, lining thickness), then I would push the docs to discuss those things to make changes for next time.

She's 32 and they are unexplained. They did 2 Clomid+TI, 1 Clomid+trigger+TI, and I think 1 Clomid+trigger+IUI. Then they did 3 injects/ IUI cycles. They thought that it might be a fertilization problem because her H's family has some history of that but this IVF showed that it wasn't the problem.

For this cycle, she did Gonal-F, Menopur, and I think Centrotide, along with an antibiotic, Medrol, and PIO. She had 11 eggs retrieved, 9 were mature, they attempted fert half with ICSI and half without. They had 7 fertilize total (3 ICSI and 4 normal). They transferred 2 embies on day 5, there were none left to freeze. They told her that her embryos were a day behind and the ones that they transferred were 25% perfect... I have no idea what that means because I have never heard embies described that way. I'm not sure about her lining. I do know that her progesterone levels were not great when they were tested 7 days after ER and they had her up her PIO. 

m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"