2nd Trimester

Recommend your workout dvd

I got on the scale this morning for my 12 week weight check and I have gained 8 lbs.  I am so ticked off at myself and I'm determined to slow this weight gain down because I do not want to gain 47 pounds this time.  I'm looking on amazon for a prenatal dvd but there are a million to choose from.  I'm not really into yoga but wouldn't mind that being part of the workout.  Any one have a dvd they highly recommend?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend your workout dvd

• I know how you feel! I am in the same boat, I have had a really hard time getting used to the weight gain.  I posted something similar yesterday and some of the ladies recommended these... 10 minute solutions Prenatal Pilates...Crunch Yoga Mama....and Lindsay Brin.  As soon as I get out of work today I am taking a trip to target to find some of these!

And just remember not to be too hard on yourself, its all for your little one growing.  And my doctor told me just to eat as healthy as I can and walk as much as possible and if I still gain the weight then at least I am making a good effort.

• My friend let me borrow this DVD that I've been using.  I really like it - of course everyone likes different things in their workouts.  So you may feel different.  There is an aerobic session (20 min) and two different toning sessions (dependin on what trimester you are in).

I find that these are great for those days that I can't fit in a decent walk outside or if I just need a little energy boost!

https://www.amazon.com/Denise-Austin-Fit-Firm-Pregnancy/dp/B000GB5M0Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309448989&sr=8-1

• Loading the player...
  • I love my Lindsey Brin set, got it o Amamzon for around $20 (for all 4 dvd's)

I also have an older one I bought used from a bookstore that is called FitMomma, it combines yoga pilates and some cardio..it is nice also.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with Lindsay Brin! I love her videos and reading her blog for motivation :) I got a package off of amazon as well, but her website is www.momsintofitness.com
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • i bought the 10minute solution prenatals pilates dvd.  It was only $10 on amazon.  It's good nothing intense at all and you can pick and choose your workouts from 5 selections.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • I bought several so I could mix them up if I got bored. I have the 10 minute pilates that others have mentioned (very good), Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rae (pretty good), and The Perfect Pregnancy Workout (LOVE!). I enjoyed the Perfect Pregnancy Workout one so much that I actually didn't even break in to the other two for a couple months. I alternate a video workout with cardio (elliptical or brisk walking) every day.
  • imagebabes12:
    i bought the 10minute solution prenatals pilates dvd.  It was only $10 on amazon.  It's good nothing intense at all and you can pick and choose your workouts from 5 selections.

I love this, but I'm not sure how many calories you actually burn.  I use it mostly to ward off sciatica, stay flexible, and get in some pelvic floor strengthening.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you ladies for all of the suggestions!  I am going to look into them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"