Stay at Home Moms
Options

HELP!

I'm currently a working mother with a DD who is 2 and another due in February. DH and I are planning on me quitting after #2 gets here. YAY! I seriously cannot wait!!

HOWEVER... 2 weeks out of every month I work with Satan's mother. This woman is seriously the bane of my existence. It's like walking on eggshells the entire 12 hours I have to spend with her couped up in our tiny little lab, just the two of us. For example, I asked her NICELY to turn down the radio that she had blaring and she cussed me out, dropping the F bomb more times than I can count. After sobbing to my supervisor, they did nothing, but ask her not to do it again. She did it the next day, of course, it was a Saturday and no supervisors were there.

I need suggestions of how to get through the next 8 months with my sanity!! I know the stress is hard on the baby and we do not need anymore of that...

Suggestions PLEASE!! Thanks!!! Tongue Tied

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image image `

Re: HELP!

• Options
    Headphones?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Is waiting until Feb worth it? Can you possibly quit a bit early?

If not, then I would just suggest you limit conversation. Don't ask her to do anything or even talk to her at all unless it's absolutely necessary for work. Email as much as possible, if that's possible and yes I like the pp about getting headphones if you can. Don't go to supervisors anymore since obviously they aren't going to do anything and that will just make her more angry with you. Just be as sweet as you can and limit contact.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I could possibly be put onto another rotation, but it would drastically affect my home life. My husband is also on my same schedule and if I were to switch he would never be able to attend doctor appointments with me. And it would cause chaos with our current babysitting situation. 

I don't know why, but I seriously want to cry knowing I have to go into work and work with her when I'm day shift. That can't be okay, can it? I told my supervisor this, while completely bawling my eyes out, and he did NOTHING but told her everything I said which in turn made her feel like she had more hold on me..  

I guess I just need to suck it up for the next few months, plug in some really powerful headphones, and try not to give her anymore power than I already have...

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image image `
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"