Multiples

Holy Big Babies!

I was so consumed with the fact that my Baby A is now head down, I totally forgot to AW my big babies.  Smile

I had an u/s on Tuesday and Baby A was measuring 4lb 12oz and Baby B was 4lb 9oz.  I was shocked to find out they were so big!!  I checked Baby Center's website and it said at 32 weeks, the baby should weigh 3lb 12oz.  My babies are huge!!  I hear the u/s measurements could be off by up to 1lb so I asked the lady about it and she said they are very accurate until about 34 weeks.  And each week after that, the weight could be off by more and more.  She says the weights on Tuesday are pretty accurate.  That's nuts!!  I definitely don't feel like I have almost 9.5lbs of baby in me!  Oh, and my cervix was doing good, hanging on at 3.9 cm.  I was a little surprised by that as well because I've been having a lot more BH contractions.  All in all, a great u/s.  Thanks for letting me share!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Holy Big Babies!

• Horray for big fat babies!
    Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I love big babies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • YAY for big babies!! Great Job baking those babies!
    DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • That's so great to hear - all of it!!  I gotta say, you give me hope....I've been having much more frequent/stronger BH contractions this week and worry about the status of my cervix.  I won't see the MFM again until the first of August, but if you are having so many and it's that long it helps me feel more confident.  They haven't given me any exact measurements, just that it's "really long."  Thanks for the update and uplifting info!!  Keep those babies cookin!
  • imageSpinningJess:
    That's so great to hear - all of it!!  I gotta say, you give me hope....I've been having much more frequent/stronger BH contractions this week and worry about the status of my cervix.  I won't see the MFM again until the first of August, but if you are having so many and it's that long it helps me feel more confident.  They haven't given me any exact measurements, just that it's "really long."  Thanks for the update and uplifting info!!  Keep those babies cookin!
    Yeah, I've been having them since about 18 weeks or so. But lately I've having a lot more and sometimes they're so strong, they take my breath away. And the last couple weeks, I've been having them at night too. But everything seems to be fine so far. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • First, congrats on your enormous babies - you're doing a great job!

Now kind of a silly question - what do braxton hicks contractions actually feel like? Is it like a tightening or a cramping, or some other feeling? Can you feel it internally or do you feel it with your hands on your belly? Sorry to hijack, btw. 

• great news! good job on making those babies nice and chubby!
  • jcathjcath member

What a great job you've done cooking those little ones!  Woohoo for big babies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"