Attachment Parenting
Options

My unconventional sleep solution

Hi -I've posted on here about how my co-sleeping, breastfeeding daughter was up every 1.5-2 hours to nurse (for her whole first year) and how it was making me a crazy person.  I think I have her sleeping through the night now!  I night weaned her and moved her to her crib since she's now 1 year old and certainly wasn't needing to eat at night.  At first I was disappointed because she was still waking up every 3 hours and unable to sooth herself back to sleep.  Then I noticed that she was waking up every time she bumped into the side of her crib....so, we moved her to a queen size floor bed and voila, she's sleeping through the night!  So excited! I feel like a new person!  Just wanted to share because I know I would have tried any suggestion a month ago.

Re: My unconventional sleep solution

• Options
    Aloe0lAloe0l member
    What a neat idea, and glad you found something that works for you guys!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageAloe0l:
    What a neat idea, and glad you found something that works for you guys!!

Yes 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow that is great!  I'll have to keep in mind!!!
    Growing Baby Shelton: A Mommy Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    Can't wait to meet my baby boy!
  • Options

That's fab!  I've thought about a floor bed for Ella, but it would mean I would need to make her room a little tidier than it is at the moment!

Glad you figured out what the problem was - now enjoy your sleep!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I noticed DD does the same thing. She rolls into her crib and wakes herself up. I tried putting the bumpers in to see if it would help, but sadly it has not. Right now she rolls back and forth between DH and I in our bed and cuddles up to us. I think when she's in her crib, she wakes up when she rolls and realizes that there's no one to snuggle with.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"