Pregnant after 35

Just a question

I am so excited because my SO and I have decided to have a baby together!  We have a blended family (3 teenage girls between us!) and did I mention we are both in our 40's?  Are we crazy?  I hope not since we are so in love and I threw out my BC. Any thoughts?

Re: Just a question

• Teenagers, yay, they can help!

I'm 43, we're about to have our second, and we might not be done yet.  I say, if your energy and health are good, and the fates smile on your fertility, go for it!  :) 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Thank you for replying!  I am 43 also and sometimes think I have lost my mind but having a child is such a special thing that we are hoping to be blessed!  We are both healthy and active (we might have to slow down with a new baby!)  but we do have 3 built in baby sitters!

Good luck on number two and God Bless!

• Loading the player...
  • Wooohoo! Not crazy at all. I often remind those that have 'other opnions' about family planning...that our society today has changed a great deal. It's much more common for couples to have a baby in their 30's and 40's.... Blended families are very common and in some way, MORE common than the nuclear families of the 40's, 50's and 60's. Best of luck to you in everything!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • without a doubt crazy ... and so are we!

i'm 42, dh will be 52 in september.  had our first in 2008 and the second will be here in december.  we are completely out of our minds crazy.  but that's ok ... we are bonkers together.  welcome. 

• You go girl !!! you are not crazy

i'm 43 and hubby 30 , we are excited to be having a baby and i'm thrill to be a mom again.  

• I wonder since there are so many blended families now if the average number of babies per household is going to go up eventually. I know I would have never thought I would be having babies past 35 or more than 2 but I got divorced and I want babies with this husband too!  I have teenagers as well. There are a lot of older moms in the area so I actually felt more out of place having my first two at 21 and 23 than I do with these 2.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Ladies,  I am in tears!  I am overwhelmed at your kindness and well wishes. I know I will be getting many critical views about my pregnancy (as soon as it happens!) especially and unfortunately from my family. They are ultra traditional and while that worries me I am ready to just smile and keep moving. I have always wanted more children (because I adore my two daughters and my step daughter) and my new SO would love another child as well. We both do not find it necessary, or really want to marry but are fully committed to staying together for all the children.  Unfortunately who know how my community of family and friends will take it. It is so nice to know there are gals out there who understand my "craziness" and feel the same way we do!  Bless you all!
  • When I first got pregnant this go around, a friend told me " who cares?" He said it really is that simple. I am not some 18 year old girl knocked up this time, I am happily married with a thriving business, healthy enough to have a baby and wise enough to choose for myself. So as I was told, " You're so allowed now"  :)

My first two are 17 and 14 and I was 19 and 22 when they were born and I faced shame, judgement and embarassment. I initially expected the same and if I got any, I was too busy with morning sickness to notice :) Best of luck to you both!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • there comes a point in your life when you have to realize that what other people think really doesn't matter.  There's always going to be someone - especially family it seems - who will criticize your choices. 

It sounds like you have a solid head on your shoulders, a healthy relationship (Legal, schmegal - none of their business), and have thought things through.

Having a baby "later" in life has become more of the norm - if they can't recognize that...poo on them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"