Multiples
Options

If your LOs sleep in the same room

Tell me how you are doing "sleep training" like, how do you get one to go to sleep while the other is crying? Or what do you do in the middle of the night when one wakes up and cries, therefor the other is now awake and crying? (Splitting them into separate rooms isn't an option for us right now)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If your LOs sleep in the same room

• Options

With mine, I had all three (toddler plus twins) in one room.  Total nightmare!  We end up moving the twins into the one room we used for an office, guest room, playroom.  DD was a great sleeper and DS was not.  I just let DS cry it out and DD slept through it every single night.  I don't know if yours wake each other up, but mine never do.  Usually in the morning DD cries first and DS sleeps another 20-30 minutes.  I don't know if I am any help, but good luck with getting them to sleep all night for you. 

Now that my twins have been STTN for a while, I moved all three back into the same room to get some space back.  Things are going fine so far.  Could you temporarily do some room "switching" until everyone is sleeping?

• Options
    Well we just did room switching last night, up until yesterday they both slept in the living room because we are still putting the addition (of 4 bedrooms) on to the second floor of our house and that won't be done for maybe another 9 months (ugh). We moved our bed into the basement and then put the twins in our old room. Hopefully it will just be a transition, I'm just not sure how it's going to go!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    they started out in the same room but we had to move nina into her own room, it helps but all 3 get up at different times throughout the night and yes they DO wake each other. i have music and ocean waves on in each room as a buffer but they hear each other. i try to get the crier out to the living rm asap so as not to wake the others or DH. when the crier gets rocked back to sleep i put him/her back in their crib and someone else is usually starting to cry... :/
    Lilcarciofo's Blog Been TTC #1 since July 2007 Unexplained Infertility 11/08 -HSG-all clear! 12/08-2/09 clomid 50 mg/natural cycles=BFN IUI#1 -3/13/09 clomid 50mg=BFN IUI#2 -4/11/09 =BFN (no clomid,rx prob) IUI#3 -5/11/09 clomid 50mg=BFN IUI#4 -6/9/09 clomid 50 mg=BFN IUI #5 -7/8/09 gonal-f/ovidrel trigger=BFN IUI #6 - 8/7/09 gonal f/ovidrel trigger/hcg booster (5000iu) 3dpiui=BFN IUI #7 - 9/5/09 gonal f/ovidrel trigger/2 hcg boosters (5000iu)=BFN Taking a Break....=BFN IUI #8- 11/1/09=BFP Finally! (gonal f/ovidrel trigger/prom & estr Beta#1=14 (11/16) Beta#2=23 (11/18) Beta#3=29 (11/20) Beta #4=8 (11/23) 11/23/09=M/C IUI #9- 12/13/09=BFP!!!! Beta#1=563 Beta#2=1115 Triplets!!! Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our actually never woke each other up! I think they just got used to each other.
  • Options
    Mine all share a room because that is the only room we have!  They normally don't wake each other up but if one is having an unusually rough night I bring them into the pack and play in my room just to ensure a good night's sleep for everyone else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Visit our blog at www.benandkarisjourneytoparenthood.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Sometimes they woke their sister up, sometimes they didn't.  If you can't separate them, you just have to work through it.  Honestly, once both of them were crying, they also seemed to quiet down faster.
  • Options
    We just had to separate our boys because we are sleeping training S. We put V in to sleep in the play in pack in our guest room. It worked last night! We will see how this goes...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"