Multiples

Kid with sensitive skin: sunblock recs?

I think Cal's having a reaction to the sunblock (baby Coppertone, I believe) I bought for the summer. He has sensitive skin in general--has had a few bouts of excema.

Any thoughts on a recommended sunblock? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Kid with sensitive skin: sunblock recs?

• check this out:

https://breakingnews.ewg.org/2011sunscreen/

Not technically related to your question but I thought you might be interested.  We always used California Baby and I just ordered some Badger Baby off Amazon too.

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Neutrogena (Pure) sunscreen and Aveeno Baby Sunblock both are for sensitive skin and neither of my DDs have had any issues with these 2 brands. They started wearing it at 6 months old.

HTH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh man. My coppertone waterbabies crap does not do well. Thanks for the link! Off to order some new sunblock... 

imageOrangeSmoke:

check this out:

https://breakingnews.ewg.org/2011sunscreen/

Not technically related to your question but I thought you might be interested.  We always used California Baby and I just ordered some Badger Baby off Amazon too.

• kegkeg member
    A friend of mine who is a pediatric dermatologist recommended Blue Lizard Baby for their body and the California Baby stick for their face.  This was when they were little (like 6 months old), but that's basically what we still use.  At daycare they just use Blue Lizard Baby for everything.
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• california baby is awesome for sensitive skin!  all of their products
  • We use California baby and Alba, both available at Whole Foods and both don't have harmful chemicals.
  • imageatc282:

Neutrogena (Pure) sunscreen and Aveeno Baby Sunblock both are for sensitive skin and neither of my DDs have had any issues with these 2 brands. They started wearing it at 6 months old.

HTH

We have used these 2. My DS has super sensitive skin and they are the only 2 we found that don't cause him to break out.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"