2nd Trimester
Options

Sleeping problems

I've been having a lot of problems sleeping for the last few weeks. My back and hips are so sore and ache when I lay down. I went for an hour long massage yesterday thinking it would help, but it made no difference. I've put pillows between my legs but that doesn't seem to cut it. Also, I am super stressed about work and if it isn't the pain keeping me up, it is worrying. The only way I can seem to sleep if on the living room couch watching tv... But even then, I sleep for an hour, then lay awake for an hour, repeat. Any suggestions on getting comfortable and destressing for a good night's rest?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleeping problems

• Options

Talk to your OB.  He or she may be able to prescribe something to help you sleep.  My OB told me that I can take Unisom every so often to get sleep.  I have heard that other pregnant women have been told that they can take Benadyl 2-3 times a week if needed.  Ask your OB to see what they feel safe with you taking.

If you don't want to use medication.  Sleep where it works for you.  During my first pregnancy my OB was against taking any medications during pregnancy so unwittingly I suffered through a lot, including insomnia.  I found that I could get at least some sleep if I slept on the couch or the recliner and that is where I slept for a lot of that pregnancy.  DH got used to me not being in bed when he woke up in the morning. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been having the same exact experience with back/hip pain and it affecting me at work/home/sleep etc.  Last night I used a small  throw pillow as a wedge under my back (while laying on my side, putting the pillow just above my hip so that the weight of my body and the baby were not on my hips so much.  I couldn't believe how much better I slept.  I hope you feel better and find something that works!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't really experience too many pregnancy symptom related sleeping issues until recently.  I had some sciatica problems prior to pregnancy that I've dealt with, but I've really struggled in the past week or so with trying to get comfortable at night.  the baby has now gotten big enough (and my belly) that I can't find a good position on my side.  I am going to get a 'U" shaped body pill to help, because I can't get any sleep otherwise. 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"