Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Is anyone else's skin changing?

I've never had a problem with acne, and pregnancy hadn't changed that. But during this miscarriage my skin has been awful. I'm breaking out all over my chin/jaw area - the nasty, deep rooted zits. Is it because of all the hormones? Is this normal? Aaagh. I'm feeling unattractive enough with all the craziness in my body, and I'd really rather not be dealing with this too.

T&P's

Re: Is anyone else's skin changing?

• I had the same problem and my skin is now just starting to chill out. I think its normal with hormones.
    BFP 1: 3/25/11 -- m/c: 4/21/11 @ 9w 2d

imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Semper Fi! - A proud female Marine

• I had the same problem.  There was a post sometime last week saying the same thing.  I think it is really common. 

My skin is finally calming down but it definitely has taken me awhile!  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, my skin looks worse than when I was a teenager. I'm happy to hear from others who say they've had the same experience.

BFP 5.04.11 | EDD 1.17.11 | missed MC 5.27.11 found at 6.16.11 imageimageimage ?PAL/PGAL Welcome?
  • My skin is now starting to calm down - it's been a week since my m/c but I am pretty sure the hormones are out of my body by now (my hcg was at 41 on Sat).  While I was PG, even before I got my BFP, my skin was absolutely awful - an oil slick, breakouts on my face, chest and back, and lots of cystic zits.  It wasn't this bad when I was going through puberty.

I was on BC for 10 years up until Feb, so I'm sure that helped my skin.  When I went off the pill, my face turned into an oily mess, but not too many zits until I became PG.  My only saving grace now is that I can use my Rx topical, which was off-limits while I was PG.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aaah! Okay. While I'm sorry that anyone else is experiencing this, it's good to know I'm not just a freaky mess :) I've been washing my face like three times a day and feel like I'm thirteen all over again.

Thanks for replying! T&P's

• Yes I looked like I was going through puberty! My hormones are still doing crazy things.
    TTC #1 since 5/10 BFP 4/9/11 Natural M/C 5/15/11 Hypothyroidism and PCOS Clomid 1/13...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"