3rd Trimester

Someone help explain this pain???

Let me first start by saying I have never been this pregnant before.  I've been pregnant multiple times with multiple losses and this baby is definitely in it for the long haul.  But since I've never been this pregnant before I'm not quite sure if this is normal or not and I could really use some expert opinions...

So the doc pulled me out of a work over a month ago because I was developing pre-e.  Things have been going well until a few days ago.  I started having more swelling, but I live in NC and it's been like 100 degrees.  My biggest issue has been pain that I've been having in two distinct areas...my pubic bone feels like it is splitting in two and hurts all the time.  There is an intense pressure that makes me feel like if I could just push her out I'd feel so much better.  And I am having pain slightly to the upper right side of my belly button.  My baby girl is sitting on the right side and it feels like she's trying to use my belly button and that area right of my belly button as her evacuation route, it's like she is pushing out super super hard.  When I feel that pain/pressure then the braxton hix contractions get bad.  I expected to have some discomfort as time went on in the pregnancy, but this pain and pressure on my pubic bone is pretty intense.  Is it normal to feel that way?

Married 8/23/09 Dx: Endometriosis mc 2003, mc 2005, mc Oct. 2009 and ectopic pg Feb. 2010 Baby Girl Gracie Mae born 5 weeks early on 7/6/11. Baby boy JT born full term on 7/5/12. We are blessed!

Re: Someone help explain this pain???

• I have similar pains...and yes all normal.  Call you Dr if you need reassurance but it sounds about as uncomfortable as I am right now :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Read this wiki article and see if it sounds like what you have: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphysis_pubis_dysfunction

I've been experiencing the strong pelvic pressure/pain as well and I think this article describes it quite well. 

Hope you feel better soon!

Be the change you wish to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't check out the article the pp posted but the pelvic bone pain you were describing sounds just like what I had with my first DD when she dropped around 34 weeks. It felt like someone had been kicking me in between my legs and would constantly ache so much! Not too much longer though! Hang in there.
  • I've been having the belly button pain.  It's like lo is pushing inbetween a muscle or something.  It's so hard to describe to other people.  Kinda like the muscle is being stretched and stabbed with a knife.  It hurts to move, or to touch it.  "Just don't move and touch it" I hear people say, and in theory that sounds great...but I CANNOT CONTROL LO MOVING! lol.  He will move inside and it is all I can do not to scream.  Just a few more weeks and this will all be over with... :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo15Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"