3rd Trimester

TMI- Foamy Urine?

For the past few days I've had very foamy, pungent smelling urine when I pee... I know that the foam can be a symptom of protein in the urine (which can be a sign of pre-E), but does it always mean there is protein?  Do you think it warrants a call to my dr. office tomorrow morning, or should I just wait a couple of weeks until my appt.? 

If my doctor was closer, I would just ask if I could swing on by and leave a urine sample, but the office is about 40 minutes away.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers BabyName Ticker

Re: TMI- Foamy Urine?

• I would call if I were you. It would be a good idea to go to the office to get your urine and BP checked, but if you really can't make it there, maybe they could order a urinalysis for you to do at a hospital or lab closer to where you live. GL!

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Can you at least go to a local drug store or fire station and get your BP checked? I would call my doc if my BP was high and the foamy urine did not subside by today.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • Loading the player...
  • It could also be a sign of an infection.  I'd call today.  Are you drinking enough water?  Smell can come from dehydration as well.
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • I feel like I'm drinking plenty of fluids, but it's been in the triple digits here, so maybe I just need to step it up a little.  I'll call my doctor's office when they open and see what they say.

Thanks ladies!

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"