Stay at Home Moms
Options

Inexpensive Places to Hold Kid's B-Day Party?

Starting to get some loose plans worked up for the kid's (combined) b-day party in early Feb.  DH has a gigantic family so the guest list (just for immediate family on both sides) will be about 40.  Too many to have the shin-dig at our apartment.

So.... options?  Even in California, February is too iffy to plan something outdoors. If we were to go to a pizza place, we'd be buying for everyone, so the bill would be pretty outrageous.  Any ideas... thinking somewhere where we can bring in our own food and stuff but don't know where to start. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Inexpensive Places to Hold Kid's B-Day Party?

• Options

How old will the kids be? Here are some general ideas:

Bowling, roller skating, ice skating
    DH's cousin did Build a Bear at the mall and then had cake/ice cream in the food court

We also have a place here that sells swings, playground equip and they have bday parties. Bring your own food etc.

Fire house - Nephew went to a party there, they took the kids on the trucks, let them try on equipment & gave them coloring books/crayons. It was also BYO and they only asked for a donation.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a place close by that's like a Boy's and Girl's Club it's called a Family Center. It has an indoor pool, ice skating rink, basketball courts, chapel, kitchens, birthday party rooms, as well as reception size rooms for super-large families. Everything there is FREE. Maybe you have a place nearby that's similar?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you or a family member belong to a church that has a fellowship hall or some type of meeting room? We rented the hall at my church. It was really helpful because I had use of the kitchen. We did a taco bar and I cooked the meat up at home and threw it in the crock pot, but I was thankful to have the oversize bowls for toppings, chips, etc., that were in the church kitchen.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How cool to do it at a firehouse!  The kids will be 1 (Feb 3rd) and 2 (Feb 9th).  No one in the family attends church.  I need to do some searching around to see about a family center - that sounds like a good idea.

• Options
    Do you know anyone who lives in a 55+ community? The ones around here typically have clubhouses that they allow community members to rent. We rent my mom's for all of our parties and it can accomodate a large crowd plus has a full kitchen.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't know anyone in a senior community but I like the church idea - I'll call around, thanks!
  • Options

Park with a covered area. 

• Options
    what about a community rec center or boys n girls club? my town has a skating rink and a couple indoor spaces they rent out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"