I'm going on a tour of the hospital in 2 hours. What are some questions I should ask? Here's what I've got so far:
I'm aiming for a med-free deliver (no epi, or meds to speed up labor).
- Are there any tubs to labor in, or birthing balls provided?
- What's the policy on fetal monitoring?
- Would I be constricted to the bed or can I walk around?
- What's the policy on food and drink during labor?
- Is pitocin routinely given to deliver the placenta?
- What's the policy on IV/heplock?
- Can the baby stay in my room for all tests?