Adoption
Options

Approaching employer about adoption assistance?

Hey ladies- I'm super new here so if this question has been asked please forgive me. I work for a VERY large company, HUGE, and am shocked they don't offer any adoption assistance. Other companies in our industry offer $5-25K in assistance. I want to put together a proposal for HR to review but don't know where to really go from here. Has anyone put one together, what was the outcome? Any input it helpful.
BabyFruit Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

TTC #1 since September 2008
All tests normal
IUI #1, 1/31 50mg Clomid BFN!
IUI #2, 2/27 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel trigger BFN!
Laporoscopy March 30th- diagnosed with mild very endometriosis
IUI #3, 10/10, 2.5mg Femara BFN!
Hip Surgery 12/10 and forced TTC break
Diagnosed with gluten and dairy intolerance 12/10
June: TTC with TI and 2.5 mg Femara
IUI #4 & 5 Summer/Fall 2011 with Femara. BFN
11/11 Diagnosed Compound Heterozygous MTHFR- 7.5 mg Deplin
IVF #1 take 1- cancelled due to cyst
IVF #1 take 2- ER Aug 29, 35 retrieved ET Sept 3- 1 beautiful embryo transfered. 11 frozen embryos (AKA snow babies)
BFP Sept 11, 2012 :D
Suffering from moderate OHSS

Re: Approaching employer about adoption assistance?

• Options
    I watched a documentary on adoption assistance once that highlighted companies that did adoption assistance (I wish I remembered the name) and the biggest pointer they gave was simply just to ask- so kuddos to you for doing so! Sorry I'm not much help but wanted to pass along some encouragement! Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    I was going to suggest the Dave Thomas Foundation info too.  Kudos to you for asking, but don't be shocked if they say no.  I have heard of several companies recently who have cut their adoption assistance programs due to the economy and other cut backs.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC #1 since September 2008
    All tests normal
    IUI #1, 1/31 50mg Clomid BFN!
    IUI #2, 2/27 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel trigger BFN!
    Laporoscopy March 30th- diagnosed with mild very endometriosis
    IUI #3, 10/10, 2.5mg Femara BFN!
    Hip Surgery 12/10 and forced TTC break
    Diagnosed with gluten and dairy intolerance 12/10
    June: TTC with TI and 2.5 mg Femara
    IUI #4 & 5 Summer/Fall 2011 with Femara. BFN
    11/11 Diagnosed Compound Heterozygous MTHFR- 7.5 mg Deplin
    IVF #1 take 1- cancelled due to cyst
    IVF #1 take 2- ER Aug 29, 35 retrieved ET Sept 3- 1 beautiful embryo transfered. 11 frozen embryos (AKA snow babies)
    BFP Sept 11, 2012 :D
    Suffering from moderate OHSS
  • Options

Can't believe I just ran across this post. I am new here. Our birthmom is delivering in December. We are having a few financial difficulties with tying up loose ends. We have already paid over 25,000 to the agency but still have to pay 7,000 to finalize. I simply emailed our CEO of my company and asked if he would consider adoption credit for employees wishing to adopt. Waiting to hear back and now Im nervous. It seems I cant find any adoption grants either. Any suggestions? Thank You!

• Options
    So much for that idea. The answer was no. very disappointed and discouraged. Why does adoption have to be so expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"