Northern California Babies
Options

night weaning

Any tips?  I'm ready for an overnight, but L is still nursing at least twice during the night- usually 12:30 and 5.  I've been having DH take him at any time until 12 when he wakes up and rock him back to sleep, but I don't remember how we night weaned S?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: night weaning

• Options

I tried Dr Gordon's method, but we weren't ready. Seems like a good approach:

https://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html 

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options
    I told Riley that as much as I loved him, it was time to give up the boob at night and if he woke up I would go in and rock him but we wouldn't nurse. He cried when I told him (way to break my heart kid) but I exsplained that we would still nurse before bed and at nap (we had already droped am). I wore a shirt so he coun't get at it while we rocked and cut back the time we rocked each night. He cried night 1,2 and 3 then 4 he didn't but 5 he did. He never cried for to long or to hard and I would go in and rock him again if he cried really hard, just like we do at night when he goes down. I know it wouldn't work for everyone but this is what worked for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried the no cry sleep soln where you take LO off the boob at shorter and shorter increments over many nights.  (ie if he usu nurses for 10 min, taking him off at 9 min the first night, then 8, etc... as he gets used to it... then just holding him, then not picking him up...)  And taking LO off if they pause for too long while nursing.  Something like that.  Maybe someone else has more/better details on the method as I can't recall all the details.  It didn't work with P but maybe worth a try? 
    "Oh come on Gromit, a bit more, you know... alluring!!" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"