Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

If you are going to post, make things clear!

If you are going to post here, on a loss board, make sure you are being clear. Posting on here that you are bleeding isn't evidence enough for us to know you are OFFICIALLY miscarrying. Many women bleed during pregnancy. Some the whole way through. So when you come on here and say "I'm bleeding, what should I do?" you are gonna get angry responses. We get enough posts about healthy pregnancies on here and we are trying to look out for each other. If you only give us a piece of the picture, how are we supposed to relate or help you?
BFP 1: 3/25/11 -- m/c: 4/21/11 @ 9w 2d

imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Semper Fi! - A proud female Marine

Re: If you are going to post, make things clear!

• Options
    Just sayin'. We don't all see your previous posts from yesterday, the day before, a week ago.

imageimage

• Options

I get that it's hurtful to see pg posts and that type of thing on this board but I also think we need to be careful not to be hurtful to new posters who may be overwhelmed with emotions and unsure of where to post/what to say.

I had a week span where my pg did not look viable, but the doctors were hesitant to say for certain that I would miscarry.  I hung out on the first trimester board and it was hard to see all the posts about heartbeats and wonderful ultrasounds when I was pretty certain I would be miscarrying.  I felt very isolated and lonely and remember worrying about which board was appropriate to post on given that I hadn't wandered over to the loss boards before. 

I am genuinely not trying to cause problems, but I think we need to be open to those who may need help even if they don't word things 100% clearly.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesarahsmom2004:

I get that it's hurtful to see pg posts and that type of thing on this board but I also think we need to be careful not to be hurtful to new posters who may be overwhelmed with emotions and unsure of where to post/what to say.

I had a week span where my pg did not look viable, but the doctors were hesitant to say for certain that I would miscarry.  I hung out on the first trimester board and it was hard to see all the posts about heartbeats and wonderful ultrasounds when I was pretty certain I would be miscarrying.  I felt very isolated and lonely and remember worrying about which board was appropriate to post on given that I hadn't wandered over to the loss boards before. 

I am genuinely not trying to cause problems, but I think we need to be open to those who may need help even if they don't word things 100% clearly.

I can agree with this. 

imageimage

• Options
    The people who come to this board are going through what may be the worst times of their lives. I am more than willing to cut them a little slack and not insist they post a certain way to make my life easier. I'm going to respectfully disagree with the original post here. I don't think we need to burden women and insist they tip toe with the words they use.

• Options
    The way a few select people on this board act is disgusting.
  • Options
    imagegiveitarest:
    Did you creat a new s/n just to say that? I think that we are all adult enough and respectful enough (to those that "belong" here) to talk things out without "hiding" who we really are. I think emotions are high today, that's all!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLoveOfMikesLife:
    imagegiveitarest:
    Did you creat a new s/n just to say that? I think that we are all adult enough and respectful enough (to those that "belong" here) to talk things out without "hiding" who we really are. I think emotions are high today, that's all!

Ugh, I have been away from the board all day, but this comment is completely arrogant and should not be tolerated. There are women here who are suffering through the worst pain of their lives. Hiding behind a AE, or posting for the first time, to say something like this, without once offering a kind word of support, is not only "disgusting", it is far worse than anything "a select few" have ever said. Get off the board, we don't need you here.  

Married my best friend 6/28/08
    DD born 4/3/10 BFP 4/9/11 missed mc @10w4d- forever loved
    BFP 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12
    imageimageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LaTi07LaTi07 member

I get what you are saying, but there is a fine line between people who should and shouldn't post here.

There have been a couple posters over the months I've been here who have come here with legitmate concerns in my opinion. It wasn't them trying to throw their pg in our face, it was because they knew their m/c was inevitable and they wanted to know what to expect. If someone tells me they are measuring 2 weeks behind and their baby's heartrate isn't where it should be, I'm going to be a little more sensitive because that was me a few months ago.

I get the aggressive responses when someone is like " my #'s are good, u/s showed a healthy babe, but I spotted two drops of blood am I m/c?" I just don't think it's necessary to attack every poster just because they haven't had their loss 100% confirmed. That's just my 0.02 though.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• Options
    imagesarahsmom2004:

ITA with all of this.  Also, there is a "MC Warning Signs" link up top in the green section.  Just direct the poster to that and move on.  There isn't a need to attack new posters.  Honestly, if you are feeling THAT upset over a message board, step away from the computer a little bit.  I don't say that to be snarky or anything.  As great as this board is for support, sometimes there is such a thing as too much support, to the point where it actually becomes a trigger for your grief rather than helpful. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"