3rd Trimester

ridiculous fear that i won't love #2 as much...

lately i've been having this terrible fear/feeling that i won't love #2 as much as i love DD.  before i had DD, i knew i would love her, but i never knew how intense and overwhelming it would be.  anyone who already has children knows what i'm talking about.  and i love her so much, that i can't imagine loving another person this much...i just can't wrap my head around how i could possibly have this much love equally. 

so my fear is, what if #2 gets here and i don't love her as much?  or love her the same?  what if i always love DD more and favor her? 

this mays seem crazy, but it's a real fear i have right now.  it actually makes me emotional to think about because i feel so guilty and awful to even think it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: ridiculous fear that i won't love #2 as much...

• Its not crazy. A lot of people worry about this! I promise you, though, that you WILL love #2 as much. You'll be surprised just how much you can love more than one child.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • My mother loves to tell me the story about how my dad was freaking out when my mom was pregnant with me because he didn't think he could love me as much as my sister. Now I'm absolutely positive that I'm his favorite Wink

Remember how overwhelming and shocking it was when you had your first LO. You didn't know you could ever love someone that intensely and completely. Well, this time you'll be shocked too. Only it will be by how much of that love you have for both of your babies. Don't worry Smile

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was talking to the hubby about this kind of the other day. Not that I won't love LO as much but how will I show them both enough attention because DD was 100% undivided attention since day 1. I came to the conclusion that when the time comes I will be awesome at it. You will be too. It's a common fear, but one I know you will get over quickly when LO arrives
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think about that, too! But everyone who has more than one... like some of the posts have said... say that you do (can/will) love them the same. It's exciting and kind of scary to think about!!   So, you're not alone!!  :)
  • I have the same fear. In fact, with DD I loved her the moment I saw her little lima bean shaped body at 8 weeks on the ultrasound. This time I still haven't felt that feeling that I felt when I first saw her. I have talked to my mom about it even because I was really afraid that I would not love my DS like I love DD. She had 3 kids and swore to me the second I see him I will fall in love with him, it's a different love for each child but just as strong as the other!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the exact same fears with this one too!  I just can't imagine loving another as much as my son.  And I def. don't want to treat them differently.  It is very scary, but I'm just hoping that what the others on here have said and several people have told me is right and that I really have nothing to worry about!  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • thanks girls!  this is all just what i needed Smile

i'm hoping that once i see her, all my fears and worries will go away!!

• i've been having this same worry, and almost feeling like i'm betraying ds#1 by having another. i know, sounds silly, but i guess it's a normal fear/worry.
  • imagemooninlv:
    i've been having this same worry, and almost feeling like i'm betraying ds#1 by having another. i know, sounds silly, but i guess it's a normal fear/worry.

i feel this way too!  it's just good to know we're not alone!

• Totally normal and nothing anyone says to you will take that fear away until #2 is born and you see that it is all okay. All I will say is just you wait and see when they start interacting together....it will melt your heart and you will not even believe you had any doubts in the first place :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemooninlv:
    i've been having this same worry, and almost feeling like i'm betraying ds#1 by having another. i know, sounds silly, but i guess it's a normal fear/worry.

This too is a very common feeling/thought. Just keep in mind that it is the 2nd or even 3rd that will NEVER get the same attention as you gave #1. It is just impossible because now you have less time for each. Keep in mind though that they will now have each other which is just absolutely amazing to watch!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • you will.  wait and see.  i promise.  even if it seems impossible, it is not. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a similar fear but mine is also quite different. My husband has two boys from his first marriage and I'm really worried that I won't love them like I will Baby Girl. I am scared that I will favor her because she came from me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageromanceondemand:
    I have a similar fear but mine is also quite different. My husband has two boys from his first marriage and I'm really worried that I won't love them like I will Baby Girl. I am scared that I will favor her because she came from me.

OH that is a different subject all together...and I don't know about anyone else but I DO love my little baby girl, maybe not more, but certainly different, plus my stepson is in another state and we only see him once a year, and he is 14 and my daughter is 2, so it is totally different. 

• imagebargar18:

lately i've been having this terrible fear/feeling that i won't love #2 as much as i love DD.  before i had DD, i knew i would love her, but i never knew how intense and overwhelming it would be.  anyone who already has children knows what i'm talking about.  and i love her so much, that i can't imagine loving another person this much...i just can't wrap my head around how i could possibly have this much love equally. 

so my fear is, what if #2 gets here and i don't love her as much?  or love her the same?  what if i always love DD more and favor her? 

this mays seem crazy, but it's a real fear i have right now.  it actually makes me emotional to think about because i feel so guilty and awful to even think it.

I'm the second child and I promise my parents love me just as much as they love my sister...if not moreWink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"