Food Allergy
Options

Allergy?

Recently DS has not been able to tolerate yogurt. We usually feed him YoBaby when he started eating it a few months ago he did fine. My mom usually feeds it to him around 3:30 or 4:00 as a snack before DH and I get home from work and make dinner. I noticed he had been spitting up a lot within the last month or so and it was always yogurt. So we took a break from it and the spitting up quit. Last week I went ahead and bought some more to see if it was really the yogurt causing this and 20 minutes later he threw up after eating just half the cup! He seems to do fine with cheese and cottage cheese so I dont think its all dairy but now I am sooo worried about switching to WCM. Anyone else have this issue with yogurt?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Allergy?

• Options
    Have you tried a different type of yogurt, or only YoBaby?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have only tried Yobaby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd start with a different yogurt.  YoBaby has a lot of sugar, so maybe that is the issue.  We buy just Plain Dannon and add our own fruit.  It wouldn't make sense that he does ok with cheese and other dairy, but only yogurt is an issue.  I'd imagine its one of the ingredients in that particular yogurt... but I'm no doctor. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageTwinMama83:
    I'd start with a different yogurt.  YoBaby has a lot of sugar, so maybe that is the issue.  We buy just Plain Dannon and add our own fruit.  It wouldn't make sense that he does ok with cheese and other dairy, but only yogurt is an issue.  I'd imagine its one of the ingredients in that particular yogurt... but I'm no doctor. :)

That's a good idea.. but also talk to your doc about this and be on a look out for any reactions.  Keep benadryl in the house in case 

• Options
    Some YoBaby is "fortified" with anchovy oil for DHA and/or cereal. I would be concered that it's something else in the yogurt given that you don't seem to have problems with cheese. You might try plain greek yogurt (more protien) and see how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"