Multiples

Ladies w/toddler + twins come in please

thanks!

What kind of car do you drive?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ladies w/toddler + twins come in please

• Don't have twins exactly yet, but have a 2011 Honda Pilot and LOOOOOOVE it. 

We will be putting all 3 (DS#1 in Britax Boulevard and infants in Peg Perego carseats, then when DS#2 and DS#3 are old enough will convert to all Britax boulevards and all 3 fit w/ LATCH in middle row, which is hard to find) and then keep back row down for extra storage (back is huge!), stroller space etc...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our twins aren't here yet, but we just bought a Honda Odyssey for the three kid scenario. My toddler LOVES it. I'm fine with it - it's a great car but I never, ever thought I would drive a minivan. I'm embracing it now :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My girls are not here yet either... But I just bought a GMC Acadia in May. I love it! If you get a chance to look at one, definitely test drive it. Happy Hunting!!
  • We drive a Honda Odyssey.
  • My DD1 isn't a toddler, but she is still in a 5 point harness carseat. 

We used to drive all 3 in a grand am, very squished. We now have a mini van (windstar) and we LOVE it!! 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • My twins aren't here yet, but we just recently bought a Town and Country and our toddler loves it!  He calls it mommy's spaceship. Big Smile

• I have a Nissan Quest 09.  LOVE IT.

If I were buying one now (new) I would get the 11 Odyssey because I HATE the new 11 body style.  Way too boxy.  The new Odyssey has a much better look to it.  

If you are buying used I still like the Quest better.  I like the fact that you can lay the 2nd row seats flat.  (not stow n go like the T&C but nearly flat) I used to lay one seat flat and had 2 in the 3rd row & 1 in the 2nd row.  It made it much easier to crawl around and buckle everyone in.  My ds was only 1yr and 11 days when the girls were born.  When we first got my van the girls were almost 3 and almost 4.  I still had to help them either buckle or unbuckle.  It was also great when we were traveling to have the extra space.  

1st Day of Kindergarten & 1st Grade 08.29.11

Landon * Kaydance * Kennedy
    5/13/05 ******5/24/06

* Baby is due July 24 2012 * Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • wow, all the minivans!!!

twins arent here yet, but i have a 4 y.o. and i drive a honda crv.  it's paid for and i have no desire for a car payment so i'm hoping we can keep it as long as possible. we will look into the sunshine radiant seat for my 4y.o. to fit in the middle.

• Honda Odyssey for this family with twins on the way....LOVE it!
  • We have a Dodge Caravan and LOVE It!!! We can put the triple stroller in the back with all the kids in still and room in between seats and also the storage (extra dipes, wipes etc) under the seats! It's perfect and  even my DH who said he would never drive a minivan, wants another one -van that is!! lol
  • Looks like I am in the minority.  We have a Ford Edge with three across.  Right now, I have a FF Radian and 2 Chicco KeyFits.  Very soon it will be 3 Radians.  I  really would drive a minivan but we had bought our Edge shortly before I got pregnant with the twins, so it wasn't and still isn't an option to trade-in. 
  • My husband is forcing me into a minivan for my 30th birthday!!  I was always anti-minivan (and I still am), but there doesn't seem like any other choice if I want to fit a double strolller, graceries, etc. in the car too.  We are looking at an OdysseyCrying.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ford Flex. Haven't gotten around to figuring if we can do 3 across or will have to use the 3rd row, but either way, it was a good option (bought out a lease), has good space and pretty good on gas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our oldest is 4.5, so not a toddler but still in a seat with a 5 point harness, and we have a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country. We have our oldest & one baby in the back row and the other baby in the captain's seat behind the driver. We keep the other seat stowed unless we're storing groceries. It makes it much easier to get the kids in and out of the back row.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • I have a Toyota Land Cruiser and while I haven't latched all three seats in yet, I've placed them back there and it seems to be doable.  Fingers crossed because I love my car!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • A beast. I have to because it's the only thing that will fit all of us - Suburban :)
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we have a mazda 5 (purchased with 2 kids max in mind!)   It's tight, but we make it work.    Twins in the middle row captain seats, Toddler in the 3rd row.   The other seat in the 3rd row is flipped down and we can fit the Valco (or the dog).

We have to switch to RF convertibles and I'm worried about what a PITA that's going to be for access to the 3rd row.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"