High-Risk Pregnancy

GD - 1 hour after I start or finish eating?

Had my class this morning and this question didn't occur to me until just now when I am actually going to be testing my sugar for the first time.  Should I start my 1 hour countdown from the time that I start eating, or the time that I finish eating? 
For the photo junkies: Canon 50D, 35mm 2.0, 50mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8, 28-135 Natural Light, Prop addict, CS5, LR3 www.jackiekphotography.com BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD - 1 hour after I start or finish eating?

• My doctor said 2 hours after I finish eating.  Not sure if it's the same for 1 hour.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You'll probably need to call and ask. I have to test one hour from the start of my meal, but I know others are 1 hour from the finish.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would suggest calling.  I was told 2 hours (though some do 1 hour) after finishing my meal at the first practice I went to.  When I switched practices I then tested 2 hours from the time I started eating.

Depends on the OB/ Dietitian.   Call to be sure! 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Well I know I'm supposed to be testing 1 hour - my question was whether it should start from when I start eating, or finish eating.  Because sometimes it takes me a good 20-30 min to finish a meal.  Anyway, I called and they said start timing when I finish eating so I have my question answered.  Thanks.
    For the photo junkies: Canon 50D, 35mm 2.0, 50mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8, 28-135 Natural Light, Prop addict, CS5, LR3 www.jackiekphotography.com BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was told that your first bite starts the clock. I also test at one hour.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Well now you ladies got me wondering Wink

I've been testing 2 hours after I start eating, but if I am supposed to test 2 hours after I finished eating that could make a difference in my numbers.

Guess I should email my dietitian and ask her!  

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have to test 1 hour after my first bite. Generally I eat in 30 minutes. If there is more than 15 minutes between courses (such as at a restaurant) I can test 2 hours after my first bite but the levels have to be lower.
  • I am supposed to test an hour after taking my last bite.  I'm glad because it gives me plenty of time to get a walk in after eating without rushing too much.
    Photobucket Sydney Elise 5/9/09 Kate Reese 8/2/11
  • Does anyone else find it incredible interesting/disturbing how different all of our treatments/testing routines are for essentially the same condition?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"