Upstate NY Babies
Options

PSA: Drink your water!!

Hey ladies- just wanted to put this out there...I spent last night in L&D on IV fluid because I started to contract. Everything is ok with me and the baby and I'm home now- but I was in so much pain last night.

They think it was a combo of over doing it and being dehydrated.

So fill up those water bottles ladies :-) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PSA: Drink your water!!

• Options

Yes - that is extremely dangerous - be careful!

Take it easy in the heat and drink up!

Not the nicest of stories, but right after I found out I was preg in July, I hadn't told anyone, but the big news story was that a pregnant lady died at a Boston Red Sox game because she was dehydrated/overheated.  People talked about it so much (at my job), I definitely always remember that story :(

• Options
    dle927dle927 member
    So glad all is well now.  Scary!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad to hear all is well now! I was having really bad contrx and went in for Evan and thru sent me home for dehydration. I could not believe how painful it was!!!! But then I ended up going back the following day for the real thing...so I sort of think the dehydration started my labor since it never stopped- it was 5 days before my due date. I dunno.
  • Options

Glad you are okay!

AND, it helps prevent kidney stones.  While they say they are not more prevalent during pregnancy, I randomly had one during each pregnancy and it was WICKED.  I know I am supposed to drink a ton of water and lemons, but I need reminders.  

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options
    yikes!!!!  so glad you are ok!  that is scary.  take it easy lady!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"