Pregnant after 35

DH is being served his eviction notice. Any advice?

So, I planted the seed.  A long time ago.  I kind of expected DH to come to this conclusion on his own...He hasn't.

I'm going to have to take action and begin the eviction this weekend.

DH is losing his man cave.

We have a TON of people that stay with us - lots of family/friends that use our home as "home base" when they are in town.  Other than relatives that live in town, our next closest live approx 500 miles away.  Many of the relatives don't have cars, etc b/c the villages they live in don't have roads (fly-in, river access only) so they often come to town for supplies, use our cars and ship things to and from our address. 

For the most part, I've never minded housing anyone and it is good to visit.  However, the guest bedroom is now going to become a nursery.  Which means that the queen size guest bed needs to go somewhere....The only other available space is the man cave.

So, we either have to start telling people 'no' (which has it good and bad points) or DH needs to make a sacrifice.  The trouble is that the man cave makes me happy, too.  I don't have to listen/watch his stupid science shows (black holes -I DON'T CARE!!!) or listen to his really stupid killing video games. (rant/over)

I want a guest room, though.  I want my sisters (Who live 5,000 miles away) to have a comfortable place to sleep when they are at my house.  Get what I mean??

I want to start working on the nursery this weeknd but should I put it off a bit to see if DH comes to this conclusion on his own?

~Married 11/08~
~TTC since 01/09~
~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
~BFN - 02/11~
~IUI #1 03/15/11~
BFP 3/28/2011
Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

Re: DH is being served his eviction notice. Any advice?

• Sorry, I just had to laugh because my husband watches all of those stupid science shows too but sadly, we don't have a man cave!!!
  • Right??!  Seriously, what is it with those science shows?  DH has a degree in finance and knows nothing about science but he will watch one of these shows and start spouting off facts like he is Stephen Hawking.

I am seriously ranting over this.  Weird.  Usually it just quietly bugs me :)

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Loading the player...
  • Get a pull out couch and out it in the man cave. You save the cave and have a place for guests.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Ha ha ha my DH is a H.S History teacher so the histroy channel is on A LOT!!!  ZZZZZZZZ  I wish he had a man cave too Surprise

I think the pull out couch idea is a great one!! My sister has one from Pottery Barn that she bought from Craigslist used and she bought a memory foam mattress to replace the one it came with and it is very comfy and saves space for when people aren't in need of a place to crash.  You have a comfy place for your guests and your DH gets to keep the man cave and you don't have to watch boring science shows :)

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • *Quiet voice* I love science shows.

*Normal voice* Ikea has some comfy fold-out beds, too.  I say you tell him about the foldout and start working on the nursery! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • OMG! I love this post! I don't have much advice....but I enjoyed the giggles!! I hope it all works out for you. Man caves...(he he he)--omg....!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • My DH has a huge man cave...seriously, huge!  However, it's not quite so large any more.  We had to make some adjustments due to LO coming, so his man cave has been greatly reduced.  I asked him what are his "must haves" for the room and we left those things alone and then the other pieces have been replaced by more practical pieces.  The futon idea is awesome.  I would go with that, but I would also try to let him pick it out so that it can still feel like "his room."

• Another alternative to a pullout couch is the daybed that they sell at IKEA.  It is a comfy twin daybed that you can pile with pillows and is probably nicer than a lot of couches.  If you have one guest, they just sleep on the twin.  If you have two guests, you pull out the bottom and flip the mattresses around (it has two mattresses on top of each other) and it becomes a king.  I understand wanting a guest space (we need it, too) but a compromise is probably in order so he can enjoy the man cave 360 days a year, and your guests can stay in comfort the other 5.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagevarkeyr:
    Get a pull out couch and out it in the man cave. You save the cave and have a place for guests.

This is what I would do.  

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"