June 2011 Moms
Options

Sad

Just got back from my 6 week check up and I am sad becuase I was told I won't be able to do a VBAC next time around. Well she said she didn't think it would be safe, she didn't flat out tell me no, because of my bicornuate uterus. She also said the hospital I go to will not do them becuase they are not staffed with physicians 24 hours. Part of me thought about finding a physician and hospital that would do it, but I also think that if the doctor doesn't think it's safe then I probably shouldn't pursue it. I am just sad because I really wanted to experience a vaginal birth, but I should be thankful because things could be worse. *Sigh*

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sad

• Options
    I'm sorry you got this bad piece of news.  Look at it this way- by the time you are ready to have another baby- you will have had time to come to terms with needing another C/S, or you will have had time to do more research/ formulate a plan to try VBAC.  In any case- *hugs*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sorry to hear that.  I don't know how you felt about your c-section, but mine was great!  I recovered very nicely and actually wouldn't mind a repeat for the next LO (which is very far in the future).  But, I haven't made any final decisions.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was going for a VBAC with this LO originally (she was my 2nd),... but because of my previous C/S w/ DS and other complications afterward that weren't related to the c/s, they felt that it was dangerous to let me go too far past my due date this time, and the only way I could get my VBAC ths time around looked like it was going to be by induction because of a lack of natural progress. Inductions and VBACs are notorious for not going well and leading to an emergency C/S, so I went with a scheduled RCS instead... and you know what? I was disappointed a bit when we went ahead and scheduled it... but after it was all done? I am glad I made the decision I did to go ahead with the RCS. The risks of taking the other option of Induction/VBAC were just too much... at least I knew what to expect with the RCS... and I am actually healing/feeling better much sooner this time around! (I'm currently 9 days post-partum.) Chin up, sweetheart.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"