Preemies
Options

Hi! Newbie here....

hey ladies! I'm and oldie to the bump, but a newbie to this board.

My sister had her son at 24 weeks 3 days and he is currently 4 weeks old. He weighed 1 lb 5.9 oz and was 12.5 in long.

Doing great so far in the NICU, but have been told it will be a long road. Just thought I would pop in here to see what I could find. Any advise for the {favorite} aunt? :-)

Here is his blog.. (4 weeks...and already blogging...) www.prayersforbabycooper.com

Re: Hi! Newbie here....

• Options
    Congrats on your nephew! My son was a 23.5 weeker and just turned one yesterday. The strength and will of preemies is just so amazing. I hope Cooper continues to have a smooth NICU ride and thrives. There is a link to my blog down below which talks about my sons NICU experience (he came home after 147 long days and dealt with many common preemie issues). Every baby is different but it may be helpful to you or your sister at some point. Feel free to ask any questions if you have them. Ladies on this board have been through it all. Thinking about your nephew.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congratulations on your beautiful nephew! My daughter Michaela was born at 27 weeks on May 3 and she's now 8 weeks old and has been through many of the same experiences as little Cooper. In fact, she weighed very close to Cooper at birth -- 1 lb, 6 oz, and is now up to 3 lbs, 7 oz! I have added your blog to my favorite bookmarks, and am looking forward to following it. I think this is a wonderful thing you're doing for your sister and her family. In case you're interested, I'm keeping a Caring Bridge journal of Michaela's experience at https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/michaelagrace.

This board has been a great source of support. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"