Multiples
Options

Nervous about this

My 1st baby turned out to be lactose intollerant when she was born. but we didnt know that until she was almost 4 months old. she started of on only BM. But with the new babies, I'm not sure I want to try to BF again because I dont want the screaming for an hour to start with them too. am I wrong??? I felt so bad because my 1st went so long hurting like that because we didnt know what it was. and I dont want the new babies to do the same. 

Re: Nervous about this

• Options

My DD was the same.  She'd just scream like I was pouring acid down her throat. 

But I don't think that means you shouldn't even try to BF.  I mean if the new babies are reacting like that won't you just try to go off dairy yourself then?  At least that is what my plan is.  I will know what to look for and try all different kinds of things to get them straightened out.

But if you don't want to BF, that is totally your decision.  I just think to totally throw it out the window for this reason only is overkill.

But GL!!!!  Everything will be great either way...I'm sure.  :)

• Options

I don't have expierence with this, but my SIL had a very acid reflux baby and they didn't find out that was what it was until he was like 8 months old or something. They tried everything first, getting him on formula, then soy formula and then finally they said, "Let's give him some medicine for reflux" and :::poof:::: he started eating better! So when her 2nd kid came along (who had worse reflux then the first) they started her on the medicine right away and knew what to do. Now she has a 3rd and again, he has reflux too and they are old pros at it.

What I'm trying to say is, try it and then if it doesn't work out then do what does work for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Watch out for this one ladies...there's a whole lotta crazy going on...

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/55181036.aspx

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejessicandavies:

Watch out for this one ladies...there's a whole lotta crazy going on...

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/55181036.aspx

the link didn't work for me. but isn't this the same person who just posted she is like 5 minutes pregnant and sick and got called out for MUD?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, she DDd the thread I posted. It appears she's gone...for now...
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is MUD, just ignore it and maybe this poster will go away and stalk some other board. Perhaps 9-12 ;)
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"