Washington Babies

WWYD if you were me?

We got invited to a wedding in Seattle at the end of July.  DH doesn't have vacation time, nor do we want to drag the whole family (aka, flying with 2 kids) and dealing with all of that, nor does DH have extra vacation time with the other trips we already have planned.  Since it's a childhood friend of mine, I could go by myself.  I would fly in either Fri night or Sat morning and leave on Sunday.  I fly for free so that isn't the problem.  But I'm already going to Vegas twice in Sept. for 2 separate bachelorette parties and I feel bad leaving DH home alone with the kids with those coming up and having gone away a few other weekends in the past few months.  Would you go if you were me?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD if you were me?

• What does your dh say? If he is ok staying home with the kids don't feel bad. Moms always feel like it's a burden for dads to "have to" take care of both kids on their own. But we should think of it as an opportunity for special bonding time and for them to have the confidence that you trust them to solo parent. If your friend is close then I say go!
  • I would go if it was a close friend and a wedding I wanted to be there for. If not you can use the "DH doesn't have vacation time" as an excuse. Big Smile
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekeri1013:
    I would go if it was a close friend and a wedding I wanted to be there for. If not you can use the "DH doesn't have vacation time" as an excuse. Big Smile

This.  The question is how badly do you want to go. 

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • imageWatchPot:

imagekeri1013:
    I would go if it was a close friend and a wedding I wanted to be there for. If not you can use the "DH doesn't have vacation time" as an excuse. Big Smile

This.  The question is how badly do you want to go. 

DH doesn't mind.  I just feel bad that I'm the one who gets to go away for various weekends and he stays home, though, I do it every day;P  She's not a "close" friend but my brother is also flying in and I'm looking for any excuse to be in cooler weather.  Good call, ladies :)  

• I would feel super guilty but I would still go! LOL I feel guilty leaving DH alone with Tristen for a few hours.  GO and have a great time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageChubbyCheekiesMom:
    I would feel super guilty but I would still go! LOL I feel guilty leaving DH alone with Tristen for a few hours.  GO and have a great time!

Ah, I know that feeling!  Ya, it is a wedding after all.  And cool weather... It's too bad I can't stay longer! 

• KNemoKNemo member
    imageI*Heart*Stuart:

imageChubbyCheekiesMom:
    I would feel super guilty but I would still go! LOL I feel guilty leaving DH alone with Tristen for a few hours.  GO and have a great time!

Ah, I know that feeling!  Ya, it is a wedding after all.  And cool weather... It's too bad I can't stay longer! 

I think you have your answer. I would totally go. I would feel guilty a little bit, but I would still go and have a good time! 

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• imageKNemo:
    imageI*Heart*Stuart:

imageChubbyCheekiesMom:

I think you have your answer. I would totally go. I would feel guilty a little bit, but I would still go and have a good time! 

I'm sure a glass of wine would fix that ;)  And maybe if I have too many drinks, I'll go for a run right after lol. 

• I would go!

I feel guility leaving DH with the kids alone on the weekends, only since I'm gone ALOT during the week and I never feel guilty then.  (unless he has to miss an event since I'm gone)   If I wasn't gone so much for work, I wouldn't even think twice about going on the weekends.  YOU deserve it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageNancy_Drew:

I would go!

I feel guility leaving DH with the kids alone on the weekends, only since I'm gone ALOT during the week and I never feel guilty then.  (unless he has to miss an event since I'm gone)   If I wasn't gone so much for work, I wouldn't even think twice about going on the weekends.  YOU deserve it!

I like your thinking!! And I'm also a little jealous you get to travel for work :)  If I went back to work, I think I would want a job where there was travel involved.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"