March 2011 Moms

Hates Baths all of a sudden!

So my LO used to love baths, smile, was so happy. 

Now all of a sudden for the past month or so he has begun hating baths.  Screams and cries and tries to arch his back and roll out of the the little baby tub.  The water is not too hot.  I sing and talk to him the whole time.  I wash him as quickly as possible.  It's not particularly cold in the bathroom.  I just can't figure out why all of a sudden he went from loving to absolutely hating bath time! 

Kids are weird.

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hates Baths all of a sudden!

• I don't know why he would suddenly hate the bath but do you cover his tummy with a wash cloth or one of these? My LO hated the baths in the beginning but now that we put one of the tummy towels on her, she loves it.

Circo® Infant Fish Tubby Towel - Pink

https://www.amazon.com/Circo-Infant-Fish-Tubby-Towel/dp/B0049UBTZW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1309364281&sr=8-6

Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• I usually put a washcloth over his privates so he does not pee on me.  I have put a washcloth over his tummy too.  I can't figure it out either! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • While  my DS still likes baths, I do notice him getting more active in the tub.  He does fuss while he tries to get comfy.  Does your son fit comfortably in his tub? I don't know how long these things last, but I do know friends who've had to get a bigger tub since their 4 month old was too big for it.  

I really can't think of any reason why he'd all of the sudden hate baths. Kids are weird!  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • have you tried just showering with him? i foind that morrighan prefers showers over baths ninty percent of the time. she likes to be close to me instead of looking up at me 
    "'Cause baby you're a firework Come on, show 'em what you're worth Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh" As you shoot across the sky-y-y. Baby, you're a firework Come on, let your colors burst Make 'em go "Oh, Oh, Oh" You're gonna leave 'em all in awe, awe, awe" KP Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"