Washington Babies
Options

New to Seattle...

Hi all! My hubby and I just moved to North Seattle from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida about a month ago. We're really excited for all the new adventures in our life, but being so far away from family and friends (my entire support system) is tough, especially being 21 weeks pregnant with our first baby!

I'm wondering if there are any great groups for first time pregnant ladies that you all can suggest. I really like Seattle so far and want to start making friends and building a community like what we recently left! Besides, I'm really looking forward to the future playdates with our little girl! 

:) 

Mellie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New to Seattle...

• Options

Welcome!  This is a great group of ladies. 

• Options
    Welcome to Seattle!...and to the board. Congratulations on your pregnancy. The Seattle Bumpies are a great group of women. You've come to the right place! Wink You'll get lots of support and advice here. Also a great place to meet other mamas and have play dates. I don't have any recs for organizations/groups in the area, but I'm sure the other ladies will. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!! 
  • Options

Once you have your baby, I highly recommend going to these parent/baby classes - they're part support group, part education, and part play group finder!  And they're free for the first three months:

https://www.evergreenhospital.org/landing.cfm?id=882

If you're in Seattle, you should also look at joining a PEPS group - they set them up so that the kids ar within about 3 months of each other, and you live relatively close too...  https://www.pepsgroup.org/

I don't know of any similar groups for before the baby comes...  welcome to the area! 

• Options
    KNemoKNemo member

This is pretty much where you go before you have the baby. I met a bunch of great ladies and some really close friends on this board.

Like Jill suggested, once you have your little girl (I love the name Veronica btw), join a PEPs group and take the Evergreen mom and baby classes. I didn't do these things with my first, but I wish I had. I will definitely join a PEPs group with my next child.

Welcome to Seattle, sorry about the weather. Stick out tongue

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options

Welcome to Seattle and this board!!  Congrats on the little girl on the way.

I moved from IL in '02.  We actually have a Bumpie here who moved from FL, too (KroseToes).  Not sure what area, though.

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options
    I live down south so I don't have any rec's. Just wanted to say congrats! and welcome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ditto to the suggestions of the Evergreen classes and PEPS group.  Both were great!

Welcome to Seattle and to the board - and congrats on your baby girl! 

• Options
    Welcome!  I second the Evergreen class suggestion, too (I didn't do a PEPs group because I went back to work and had a hard time finding one that fit our schedule, but everyone I know who did it, loved it).  Seattle is a great city for kiddos!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone! :)  I will definitely check out the groups you guys suggested once our little girl arrives! I'm really excited to be here, I think Seattle was a great move on our behalf!
  • Options

imageradlissy:
    Thanks so much everyone! :)  I will definitely check out the groups you guys suggested once our little girl arrives! I'm really excited to be here, I think Seattle was a great move on our behalf!

You can sign up for PEPS before your child arrives so that you can be placed into a group...  

• Options

Welcome to Seattle. I too am looking for a group, so if you hear of anything not mentioned here already... let me know.

I noticed we are about the same spot in our pregnancy, I'm 21 weeks 3 days! How's everything going for you?

Cheers

Jennifer

Baby boy born 11/7/11 Bothell, WA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"