Georgia Babies
Options

Had my D&C this morning

It went well. I was actually pretty calm and then started getting nervous when they wheeled me into the operating room, but as soon as he injected the meds into my IV, the room started spinning and then it was lights out! Of course, I was crying when I woke up. It seems to be the common reaction in me when I am waking up from anesthesia, but I guess with the emotional stuff added in, it made it worse.

It was funny, I talked to 2 different drs and they are all saying "you'll be back here next year in labor and delivery", so that made me feel good. One dr said we needed to wait 2 cycles to try again and another said just wait through 1 cycle, so I guess I need to double check on that one since it's conflicting advice. I feel ready to move on and am glad it's "over". Thanks to you all for the support you gave me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Had my D&C this morning

• Options
    Hugs to you, and I'm glad to hear it went well.  I agree with the doctors, you'll be back in labor and delivery before you know it!
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    Big hugs. Glad today went as well as it could. Take care of each other. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been thinking about you.  I'm glad it went well.  It will be good to have a little "closure" and be able to move on.  I hope to hear good news from you later this year!
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you had to go through this, but at least it went "smoothly". Treat yourself to some extra hugs from Cason!
  • Options
    Big hugs!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    KerrinKerrin member
    Big hugs lady!  I'm so sorry that you had to go through this.
  • Options
    I'm glad you're recovering well!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    :o( I'm glad it went well and that you are doing as well as you could be. Excited to get your good news soon!!
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm glad the procedure went well.  When I had a D&C I told my doctor that I didn't want to see him again at that hospital until he was delivering my baby and a little over a year later he delivered my son Adam.  It was a tough journey (I don't want to lie), but well worth it.  You will find conflicting advice on how long to wait.  Most say at least once cycle so they know how to calculate how many weeks the baby should be.  I will say it can take a while for your 1st cycle.  I personally just didn't use any protection, but didn't start trying for a while.  You may want to ask to have your hcg levels tested a few weeks from now just to make sure they go down.  It took mine a while to go down and I wish I would have had them tested.  I ended up getting lots of false positive pregnancy tests because my hcg level was still high enough to register pregnant on a pregnancy test.  It was disapointing and something that would have been nice to avoid.  If you ever want to talk let me know and I can send you my e-mail address.  Sometimes its nice to e-mail/chat with someone that went through the same thing.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Take good care of yourself!  Hugs!

• Options
    I'm glad you are recovering and things went smoothly.  Hope to hear good news from you later in the year.  Big Hugs to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am glad everything went well. Get some rest! ((hugs))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    i am sorry you had to go through that but glad you seem to be recovering well....
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I missed your original post, but I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope you recover well. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"