Pre-School and Daycare
Options

reggio emilia school??

i am a lurker and wanted to get your input if your child has or still goes to a preschool that follows this philosophy.

thanks any input and thoughts would be great. 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Re: reggio emilia school??

• Options
    My child does not go to a reggio school, but I am very familiar with the philosophy and have visited some amazing reggio programs (I am a teacher).  Reggio classes have a very strong emphasis on the arts and beauty in the environment.  Kids are encouraged to create and explore via their sense.  All of the reggio programs I have seen have been just amazing!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think moroccojade's daughter goes to one and she is very knowledgeable about RE. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD's PreK uses this and I LOVE the program.  Nothing is ever cookie cutter, they follow the kids interest in regards to what they are learning.  The teachers are amazing and really work with each child at their level.  For example, they have journal time and some kids are just learning to write their letters and others are working on full sentences.  They really work with each child.  My DD has thrived in the program.  I hate getting art projects home that are cookie cutter and this is so not the case.  The teachers start the year with a basic idea of the things they want the kids to learn but they follow the kids lead in regard to what themes they focus on.  My DD's class spent a lot of time this year learning about wood and paper and ocean animals and bones (as in the human body).  One thing sort of leads to another and they go with it.  The kids were very into outdoor things so they had the creative play area set up for camping and one family brought in their kayak for a few weeks, they had a pretend pond and play fishing hooks.  For another few weeks, they had the area set up as a restaurant and the kids spend about a week making menus and signs and stuff.  It has just been wonderful to watch their minds grow and get excited about the stuff they can do.,
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"