Washington Babies

NBR: Baking for a neighbor?

New people just moved in next door.  I know they moved here from Michigan so they're really new to the area and all.... I want to be a nice neighbor and bring them something and introduce myself.  What should I bring?  I would like something maybe a little prettier than just chocolate chip cookies or brownies, but those are super easy so I might just do that... ideas???

Re: NBR: Baking for a neighbor?

• do easy!   they are delicious, and if theneighbors arent unpacked, no searching for stuff.   if theyve got kids, a sure hit!  froofy cake, not so much potentially. 

can I be your new neighbor?  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBethS2006:

do easy!   they are delicious, and if theneighbors arent unpacked, no searching for stuff.   if theyve got kids, a sure hit!  froofy cake, not so much potentially. 

yep, come on over!  :)

Do you think cookies would be better than muffins?   

• Loading the player...
  • I would do cookies. And, while you are making them, can you send some my way? :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Definitely cookies ! Nom nom nom
  • imageBethS2006:

do easy!   they are delicious, and if theneighbors arent unpacked, no searching for stuff.   if theyve got kids, a sure hit!  froofy cake, not so much potentially. 

This!  I wish my neighbors were as warm and welcoming! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How about a banana bread?  Something that's a little more of a hearty snack while they're busy unpacking?  Make it in one of the disposible aluminum loaf pans and wrap it in cellophane (or just shrink wrap) and tie it with a ribbon with a tag saying welcome?   :)
    -Deborah

• One of our neighbors brought over cookies when we moved in. I thought it was very nice.
  • What about mini muffins in an cardboard egg carton (you can paste on some cute wrapping paper on the top) and a little note on the inside lid saying "Welcome to the neighborhood. Feel free to come on over any time you need to borrow an egg" with your name and address and #?
  • imageStellaZ:
    What about mini muffins in an cardboard egg carton (you can paste on some cute wrapping paper on the top) and a little note on the inside lid saying "Welcome to the neighborhood. Feel free to come on over any time you need to borrow an egg" with your name and address and #?

What a creative and great idea!

p.s. I always bake chocolate chips into my banana bread.  I think it negates any healthfulness that may have been present in it, but darn, it's delicious!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When we moved in I loved the breads and muffins. They were a great breakfast alternative when we realized we had no food and were starving.
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • I like the idea of either bread in a tin with ribbon or choc. chip cookies.

When we moved our neighbors brought over stuff, it was so nice and always a great excuse to stop unpacking and eat.  Usually on the floor, since nothing was put away and we had no furniture yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wanna be your neighbor too!  We moved in over a year ago and despite there supposedly being a welcoming committee, we never saw a soul and still have only met the neighbors on one side and the people across from them.  

My vote is ALWAYS for a good batch of brownies.  They're simple but everyone loves them.  Me especially. :p 

image Visit The Nest!

• imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    imageBethS2006:

yep, come on over!  :)

Do you think cookies would be better than muffins?   

Don't think I'm not coming with her, Jill!  What a sweet thing to do!  I think I'd be touched if you did any of the ideas above...muffins or cookies - whatever!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"