Health & Exercise
Options

anyone work out on their lunch break?

I'm trying to see if I'm being completely unreasonable here.  I have actually done this years ago (before kids) and it wasn't that bad.  There is a YMCA a couple minutes from my work.  I can easily take an hour and 1/2 lunch 2-4 times a week.  That would basically give me a solid hour of working out, plus 30 minutes for the brief travel time/changing/quick shower w/o washing my hair.  They actually have some 12:00 classes also which would be perfect.  I've found myself so bored at work (boring desk job) and actually think it would do me some good to break the day up and get moving.  I am NOT a morning person and will NEVER be one, so working out in the morning is completely out of the question.  My evenings are hectic until the boys go to bed around 8:30 but after that I'm cleaning, preparing for the next day, or maybe I just want to relax!  I just don't know any other way to get some gym time in.  WDYT?  TIA!

Re: anyone work out on their lunch break?

• Options

The gym is actually across the street from the building where I work.  Since I get a long lunch (1 hr, 45 min), I work out daily.  If the YMCA is close enough, would it be practical for you to walk or jog there?  That way you can knock out a warm up on the way.  

I also have a coworker who drives his daughter to daycare and returns home to ride his bike to work (20 min).  We have access to showers at work or across the street at the gym, so he showers when he gets there.  After work he rides back home and then drives to pick her up.  With you not being a morning person and already having more than one child this may not be practical, but something to think about if the mood strikes once you get back into things after having LO.

AL BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

what are you even thinking about it? I would definately do it!

I only work 3 days a week. we have a gym in my building. I workout for 45 minutes and shower. I dont wash my hair. it has worked out great. i get what you are saying. as much as I always said when the baby goes down at night I will workout. I dont. I am tired and need to get ready for the next day.

So I workout on my lunch hour mostly I do weights on those days and when I am home I will do my cardio. take him for walks.

Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
    Our Journey in Blog.
    My Blog
    Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I do when my day allows it.  I don't have a scheduled "break", but if my afternoon looks pretty open then I'll go.  The building across from my office has a small gym I can use for free (with showers).  I am obvi not working out super long/hard these days, so I can be in/out/showered in an hour. 

Post partum, I'll have to see what works.  Convenience-wise, it makes the most sense to go at lunch for the points OP makes (not a morning person, hectic getting LO to daycare, after work picking up LO & getting dinner, etc...), but I really want to join a Crossfit gym and those workouts are so intense and sweaty that I don't think I can cool off enough and NOT have to wash my hair after a rough lunch workout.  I may end up alternating - office gym 3 days a week at lunch, and Crossfit 1 day after work and on the weekends. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I just started this trend today :) I started walking at work on the treadmil during my luch for at least 20-30 minutes, I would walk outside if it weren't 105 every day lol! I went to the doctor yesterday and I have put on a little too much weight :( I am SOOO sensitive about my weight gain.  I have always been in good shape I was in the military for almost 6 years and I am in Law enforcement so it is in our nature to stay fit.  Now I feel very self concious!  I am 19 weeks and I have put on 16 pounds.  So I am going to lay off the carbs and exercise more.  I feel like I am always in a better mood if I am staying active.  I am not working out in the field right now, so I am stuck behind a desk all day, that took some getting used to for me.  So now every hour or so I will walk around inside the building for about 5-10 minutes or so.  It feels so much better than sitting all day long. 

I am also looking into buying some kind of prenatal workout dvd, yoga or at least something so I can do at home when it is to miserably hot to be outside.  Any one have any suggestions? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"