Multiples
Options

Input Needed Re: Potential Playroom

Ladies - I need opinions on my potential playroom situation. My 8.5 month old boys aren't probably in need of one yet, but I can see the day when toys overwhelm my living room! However I'm not sure where to put it - their room is upstairs along with our room and two spares (the boys currently share). I'm thinking I'd like the play room on the main level so I can keep a better eye on things. That leaves me with two options - a 3 seasons room (we live in Iowa, so the 4th season tends to be the longest, leaving the room much too cold to use from late Oct - March) or a largish breakfast nook/area that could be made over. We currently have a 2 seat breakfast table, buffet and desk with computer in that area and the back door opens into this room. We have a large dining room that we can use to eat in instead if needed. So my question is - should I just make due with an out of control living room for half the year and go for the 3 seasons room which is right off the living room, or make over the breakfast area to be more kid friendly? If you think the breakfast nook/area, what furniture should I add? Or no playroom at all? Thanks, I know this is long!
Eli and Charlie born at 33w6d image

Re: Input Needed Re: Potential Playroom

• Options
    i guess it depends, where will you be, if not in the room with them? it sounds to me like the breakfast nook would be the best option. our playroom is upstairs, but our living room is upstairs, so it makes the most sense for us. but if our living room was downstairs, that's where i'd want the playroom.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

We have different organization for our toys all over the house. But our "playroom" is in our basement, away from our main living area. Basically we have bins or places in several rooms in each room so there is always something to do, but the house isn't overrun by kid stuff.

Sometimes it's a PITA that play room is on a different level since I have to be there to supervise. BUT it's not like I have to look at chaos all the time either so I like that.

Having areas with different toys all over the house, but put away and organized, sort of allows DD to rediscover them too since it's not just one space. So she will play dress up in her room, and then be excited about the bigger toys in her play room when we go in there (kitchen/trampoline/ball pit, etc... ). It's almost like she has several "play stations" and all of them are easy and quick for me to pick up and hide away when I want my house to look like adults live here too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"