High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

when do you find out if you will be induced or need a c-section?

I'm almost 35 weeks and have GD. I take 2.5 mg of glyburide in the evenings. I was told they will do another growth scan in the next few weeks and then the doctor will recommend whether I should be induced or schedule a c-section by 39 weeks. I was wondering - when did you find out what your 'plan' would be? FYI - my last growth scan was at 33 weeks and baby was alittle over 6 pounds. The nurse said anything over 10 and they will do a c-section.

Re: when do you find out if you will be induced or need a c-section?

• Options

With DD, I asked as soon as I was diagnosed what their normal protocol was. I was put on insulin after only a week, so I knew at 29 weeks already I would be induced around 39 weeks.

With this one, I don't know yet. At 13 weeks (when I was diagnosed) I was diet controlled and the plan was to wait it out, sweep membranes at 38/39 weeks and hopefully go into labor on my own by 40 weeks. But, I was put on insulin at 18 weeks and it's all been downhill from there. I have my regular OB appt later this week and will be asking him to out line the plan for extra monitoring and early induction.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"