Adoption
Options

Blogs about adoption from foster care?

Hi all,

I'm in the mood of wanting to read Blogs and have not found too many about folks adopting from foster care.  Hubby & I are interested in adopting a child between the ages of 4-6.  I just would like to read others stories on the subject.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Blogs about adoption from foster care?

• Options
    Sorry ladies it got posted twice somehow & it won't let me delete one!
  • Options
    hmmmm.  Not sure of too many but I am sure some of the ladies here will pipe up!  I have ablog, and I adopted our son from foster care, but I have not really delved into big time bc it is a place for my family out of state to keep up with us and see how DS is doing and such, so I tried to keep it out of it.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We are adopting out of foster care, if it comes to that.  We plan on doing foster and then adopting if that becomes available, but it's not our primary goal.  We are *almost* licensed... for some reason the process is taking a while, but we are right there staring at the finish line.  Probably by Friday, we should have the results of our well inspection & then our entire file can be submitted to the State and we were told it would take 2 weeks maximum for us to be officially licensed... so hopefully by the end of July :)

Blog link in sig, although I'm not sure how much you will get out of it until we do start getting placements :P

dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    You may not find "real" stories in blogs, unless they keep the blog completely unidentified. As foster parents, you shouldn't share *too* much information about the child publicly. Of course, that's not to say there aren't people out there that LOVE to share too much information. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are in the process of adopting from foster care, link to blog in siggy.
  • Options

There was a fantastic, 4 page article on blogs from last months edition of Adoptive Families. Here is a similar version of the article :

https://www.adoptivefamilies.com/articles.php?aid=2160

Not all are about foster/adoption, but I'm sure you will find something that you enjoy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"