South Jersey Babies

New to South Jersey, Mom of a Toddler :) Need your Recomm's if possible

Hi Everyone, I also posted this on the nest.  Looking for any good feedback that will help me :)

My husband and I are new to New Jersey and will be living in South Jersey soon! We are from New York, but lived in N.C. for a few years recently and our baby girl was born there. I thought I would join this board to see if you could help teach me about the area and maybe make a few new friends.  It is quite overwhelming! My husband and I are living with my in-laws in P.A., and we are moving soon to the Mt. Laurel area where my husband works next month.  We are looking to move North of Mt. Laurel, somewhere in Burlington County.  We hear the taxes are lower there than Camden.  Trying to find a great house to rent!  Our baby is turning 2 soon! :) And it's overwhelming starting some place new and not knowing anyone or anything to do there. I feel a little anxious because I'm a SAHM and I need to figure out (not only what town we're going to live in) - but doctors, pediatrician, hospital, preschool (she will be attending next year) and a great school district for the future, things to do with kids, etc.  We are searching for a nice house to Rent - in the surrounding area. No more than a 35-40 minute drive from Mt. Laurel. Hopefully we will find something soon! If you could help me with any recommendations or things you love, I would greatly appreciate it!  It would really save us a lot of time!  Hope to hear from you and thank you!! 

Andrea 

Re: New to South Jersey, Mom of a Toddler :) Need your Recomm's if possible

• I am live closer to Atlantic City than PA, but I love taking my kids to Jelly Bean Jungle and Kid Junction to play.    There are a lot of great areas surrounding Mt. Laurel, once you narrow down your choices, post again and maybe we can help you with some more info. Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ok, thank you!  Those are great ideas that I definitely have to check out!  We will spend a lot of time around Mt. Laurel because as I mentioned, my husband is working there.  We definitely want to join the Discovery Museum!  And possibly Gymboree Play and Music, because we did Gymboree down in NC and our daughter loved it.  Looking for some great places to meet other Mom's and kids to make some new friendships!  Trying to spend a lot of time looking into the surrounding towns and figuring out schools, the best places (family friendly) areas to live.  Our little one will be going to pre-school next year, so I have to figure that out as well.  So much to do... that's why I'm so nervous about it all :(  I'm excited to move there though and can't wait!  Thanks again for your post.
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter is turning 2 as well! (Panda53321) Your little ones are so cute!!
  • Check out Delran, awesome awesome schools.
  • and thank you :-)

• Ok I will, thanks so much! :)

• We just moved to Mount Laurel end of last summer it's nice!  Still kind of learning my way around but I did find a huge park nearby with a pond and stuff.  My son loves it there.  Good luck in the move! 
  • Delran and Cinnaminson are nice. Taxes are moderate but schools are great. 15 min from mt. laurel, added bonus of being close to Philly. Marlton is also very nice, moderately priced and taxed w/ great schools. Next door to mt. laurel.

Our pedi is in marlton - Dr. Jay Mirmanesh. Love him.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"