Upstate NY Babies

Also NBR: Duffle Bags

Is there a reason I couldn't wash a bunch of polyester duffle bags in the washing machine? I bought a bunch to take on our camping trip (we always end up packing a million little grocery bags with stuff...so I thought this would work a little better) but the smell SO bad right now...like plasticky. I couldn't pack clothes or sheets in them because they would end up reeking.

I would just wash them on a few cycles - cold water...and then put them outside to dry. Had anyone done this? I know...stupid question.

Re: Also NBR: Duffle Bags

• joie12joie12 member

I had a minor issue with mold from things being stuffed against an exterior wall in our (warm) bedroom over the winter. I had a few backpacks and such that were really nasty - one was the polyester, super lightweight kind. Washed everything in hot water, because I wanted to kill the mold, and it worked out fine.

This is a silly comment, but sometimes bags like that will have a care label inside...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started using the Thirty-One Gifts Large Utility Totes, it is an open top rectangular tote with a wire rimmed top to keep it's shape.  I have used mine on two trips now and LOVE IT!  They are on special this month, spend $31 in product and get a tote (normally $30) for $9.  I think I am going to order two more (and a nail file to fill the extra $1) for $40.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"