North Carolina Babies

Poll: just for fun. :-)

1. What did you have for breakfast? What did DC have?

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011?

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? (Christmas/ b'day, etc)

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th?

5. What do you usually get on your pizza?

6. What's your least favorite room in your house? What would you do to change it?

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery?

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself?

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it?

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Poll: just for fun. :-)

• 1. What did you have for breakfast? An Oscar Meyer Lunchable. And yes, it contained 2 Oreos. You can't win them all. hehe. What did DC have? mini pancakes, strawberries & blueberries, a piece of cheese, and milk (at least someone ate relatively healthfully).

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011? our Disneyworld/Disney Cruise trip in Nov, and just Fall in general.

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? (Christmas/ b'day, etc) I'd like to get her a wooden doll house... I'm eyeing this one and this one.

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th? going to the beach

5. What do you usually get on your pizza? depending on my mood, I like sausage & pepperoni, tomato & onions, or just cheese.

6. What's your least favorite room in your house? A toss up between our kitchen or our bedroom. What would you do to change it? I'd love new cabinets and a backsplash in the kitchen (and some new paint & other decor items). Our bedroom is just pathetic--I'd need to start from scratch with furniture, bedding, decor--everything. Maybe one day. :-)

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery? The plan is to keep her current room & furniture, just add a daybed and remove the glider. I have this bedding in mind, which matches her current wall color.

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself? I have one of these coming up in July and I can't wait! I plan to organize (and hopefully paint) my craft room, and maybe go see a movie by myself, which I've never done.

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it? Target or IKEA

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them? I used to be so opposed to this...One of many words I've eaten. :-)  I'm still kinda picky, but DD has shirts with Minnie/Mickey Mouse, Sesame Street, and YGG characters. Not a fan of Dora or Disney Princess stuff, really.. But if she loved it enough, I'm sure I'd buy it. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• 1. What did you have for breakfast? What did DC have?  Cereal and banana; DCs -- waffles

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011?  Our first family beach trip at the end of July

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? (Christmas/ b'day, etc)  No clue

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th?  Taking the girls to the children's parade but in general I find the 4th disappointing around here -- I miss the big parades that we have in the midwest with floats and marching bands, etc.

5. What do you usually get on your pizza?  We make our own pizza usually and I like it with pineapple and green pepper.

6. What's your least favorite room in your house? What would you do to change it?  Our living room.  I don't like the high cathedral ceiling; it feels cold to me.  Not much I can do except make it feel warmer with decorating.

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery?  We changed DD#1's to a big girl room.  Not sure yet what we'll do for DD#2.

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself?  Get a pedicure

opps...thought this said this weekend.  For a whole weekend to myself, I'd finish all the video compliations and photo books I'm trying to get done but only get an hour an night to work on them.

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it?  Decorating items for the house

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them?  No, I can't stand them.  I will let her wear princess PJs and underwear but nothing that she woud go out in public in.  I don't like advertising for Disney for free and I think they look tacky.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. What did you have for breakfast? Granola bar What did DC have? A bottle of formula. She'll get some oatmeal at daycare.

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011? I hope to get away for a weekend or two. I also look forward to DD's first birthday in November

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? (Christmas/ b'day, etc) I haven't even thought about it! I may just do the "wrap something you already have" trick since she won't know what's happening for these events.

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th? We usually have some friends over, grill out and then watch the neighbors set off fireworks

5. What do you usually get on your pizza? Pepperoni

6. What's your least favorite room in your house? Our bedroom. What would you do to change it? Not sure what I can do because of size and layout. I'd like to get all new bedroom furniture as a starter

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery? Hmmm....haven't really thought about this yet. I guess a lot will depend on her personality at that time.

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself? Get a massage, catch up on reading, purge the closets and watch bad TV

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it? My first geeky response is to save it! But if I was forced to spend it, I would probably buy a whole bunch of new clothes.

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them? Mainly Pooh characters since she has her own Pooh bear from her dad. I'm not sure I want her to start wearing the other characters since she doesn't know who they are yet.I'd like to delay that commercialization as long as possible.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Girl P - 11/15/10
  • 1. What did you have for breakfast? What did DC have?  I had a chewy granola bar.  Allie had some cheerios on her way to daycare, not sure what she had there.

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011?  Not sure.  Enjoying the summer and swimming.  Hoping to get to the beach at some point.  Then the holidays!

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? (Christmas/ b'day, etc)  Not a clue.

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th?  Swimming and eating next door, and fireworks.  David is driving a truck in the parade Saturday.  I also have a 4 day weekend... gonna try potty training again.

5. What do you usually get on your pizza?  Pepperoni

6. What's your least favorite room in your house? What would you do to change it?  My bedroom needs repainting and matching new furniture.

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery?  She's in a twin bed, new bedding.  I want to repaint, but David won't let me yet...

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself?  Sleep

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it?  New furniture for our master.

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them?  Yes, Dora.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. What did you have for breakfast? Nothing yet What did DC have? Chocolate chip muffin, apple juice and milk.

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011? My camping trip coming up over Labor Day.

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? (Christmas/ b'day, etc) Yep.  Connor's b-day is Monday.  We got him a Leap Frog thing to help him read and write his letters and numbers.  We also got him a t-ball bat, t-ball balls and a tee.  He's alo getting a head light and other random little things.

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th? Connor's birthday.  Not exactly sure what we're doing yet.  His party is on the 9th so the 4th is all about what he wants to do.

5. What do you usually get on your pizza? Pepperoni, green peppers and pineapple.

6. What's your least favorite room in your house? Bathroom What would you do to change it? I would totally gut it and start over!

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery? It's not so nursery-ish, it never has been.  I do want to make it a little more gender neutral to incorporate Naomi's stuff.

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself? Sleep in, mani and pedi, take naps, shop, more napping, bubble bath, then bed.  Can you tell I'm sleep deprived these days!

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it? I would get my front tooth fixed.

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them? Connor wears some spiderman and transformers.  Thats about it.

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • 1. What did you have for breakfast? a chicken buscuit What did DC have? oatmeal and fruit

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011? having a baby!!

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? (Christmas/ b'day, etc) haha no

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th? nope...the joys of owning your own tourist type business...holidays are never anything exciting!! Smile Although we always make it out to see the fireworks on the boat with our family here.

5. What do you usually get on your pizza? cheese please!

6. What's your least favorite room in your house ? umm...well we're in renovation mode still, so I'll go with the only room we're leaving until the end, the kitchen What would you do to change it? it'll be a gut when we get to it...the only thing staying are the appliances since we bought them new, other than that, it's all going!!!

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery? We are in the middle of moving our master to it's final place in the house and what's currently our room will be transformed into the boys' big boy room (which they will share when old enough but for now Just Wyatt will reside in there) Nursery will eventually be turned into the guest room once DS #2 is older.

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself? SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it? I'd save it until post baby and then probably Old Navy/Gap

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them? Not much...figured I'd wait until he could decide which characters he likes and then let the character clothing fun begin.

• 1. What did you have for breakfast? What did DC have?  I had an English Muffin with Peanut Butter, Ella had 2 bites of cereal (she's not a big breakfast eater)

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011?  Getting our custody battle started

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? (Christmas/ b'day, etc)   Nope

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th?  Picnic with the family, probably hitting up the pool / spraygrounds since it's going to be so hot!

5. What do you usually get on your pizza?  Cheese and mushrooms or if I'm at Brixx - I get the Artichoke pizza with pesto, sun dried tomatoes and artichokes

6. What's your least favorite room in your house? What would you do to change it?  Formal Living Room / Playroom- I would paint and get some cellular shades - it's just a huge room that's white with large windows which makes the cellular shades very pricey!

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery?  Since Ella's room was gender neutral, we're going to completely overhaul it so it reflects the little lady she's become

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself?  Sleep, go to yoga, lunch with friends, and read

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it? Hmmm - probably DSW Shoe Warehouse, Target, and for a massage / facial / mani-pedi.  Or maybe go visit a friend in NH

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them?  Nope! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • narknark member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? What did DC have?  cheerios x2

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011?  having a baby

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? (Christmas/ b'day, etc)   birthday coming up but nothing gigantic...sidewalk chalk, books, maybe a ukulele, and some $ in her savings

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th? going to a friend's lake house

5. What do you usually get on your pizza?  usually whatever special has artichokes on it

6. What's your least favorite room in your house? What would you do to change it? our bedroom. I want new furniture & some artwork, but never get around to it...and don't want to spend the $.

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery? We'll prob do some decorating once we find out the sex of baby #2 - they will share a room. It isn't actually very babyish now. We switched her room with the office a few months back and didn't repaint, so now her room is a deep orange with some funky stuff on the walls that we've accumulated from traveling.

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself? Write, paint & organize the house

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it? a furniture store + Hagen Daaz + online maternity clothes shopping

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them? sometimes. don't have many.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. What did you have for breakfast?  Sausage Burrito What did DC have? Cereal

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011?  Cooler weather and possibly going to Disney again in late October/early November

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? (Christmas/ b'day, etc)  Nope

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th?   I'm going to Raleigh to spend the night in a hotel by myself and sleep in.  I'll probably get together for dinner with my good friend from law school and on Monday, I'm meeting my bestie for lunch and a movie. 

5. What do you usually get on your pizza?  Pepperoni or Ham/Pineapple

6. What's your least favorite room in your house? What would you do to change it?  Our bedroom--paint it and get new bedding/curtains

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery?  Yes, for Caylee's room, I'm pretty sick of the gender neutral colors right now.  Will change to something more girly eventually.

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself?  Rest a lot, work on photo books, get together with friends

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it?  Travelling to the spa

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them?  Yes, we have had Dora shirts and currently have Mickey/Minnie and Princesses.  My girls have been to Disney and love Disney things.  I really see no issue with kids wearing character themed clothing.  I didn't know people felt so strongly about it, wow. Confused

My Sweet Girls

• JuberPJuberP member

1. What did you have for breakfast? What did DC have?  Me - breakfast bar, banana, coke DS - formula, pancake

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011?  Any vacation we can plan.

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? (Christmas/ b'day, etc)  DH will build a sandbox...

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th?  Family in town, neighborhood parade and party, boating on the lake, fireworks.  I LOVE the 4th!!

5. What do you usually get on your pizza?  Mushroom, pineapple

6. What's your least favorite room in your house? What would you do to change it? Family room - would like a mounted flat screen, better console/entertainment center, some color and some decoration

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery?  Modify the nursery - maybe paint a pirate ship mural or something.

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself?  In two weeks - I'm going to Key West!!  to visit a girlfriend and play.  YAYYYYYYY!

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it?  Clothes or that flat screen TV, but would actually use it toward a mortgage payment right now (paying one off is a condition of talking DH into second kid).

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them?  I don't think I'm anti-characters, but I don't tend to buy things with specific characters.  He'll get a Mickey shirt from Disney someday.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. What did you have for breakfast? Cereal What did DC have? Blueberries, waffle, milk

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011? Enjoying the Holidays, hopefully getting pregnant :)

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? (Christmas/ b'day, etc) No. We're on the lookout for a power wheel and sandbox but those are summer toys. Probably a workbench or an easel

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th? No, I'm actually working

5. What do you usually get on your pizza? My favorite is chicken & sliced tomato

6. What's your least favorite room in your house? What would you do to change it? Our master bedroom, I'm working on a new decor plan. I want to do a rustic country look

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery? We'll just modify the nursery. Right now he's got a farm animal theme, eventually I want to make it a farm truck theme - tractors, pickups etc.

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself? Use gift certificates I have for a facial & a massage, sleep, watch a movie, cook.

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it? Kohl's for some new clothes, then buy a new bedroom set

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them? Yes, I bought him an Elmo sweatshirt last season he LOVED. Right now he's got a Toy Story shirt. Character clothes can be tacky, but DS loves them and that's all that matters

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • 1. What did you have for breakfast? Fritata and fruit What did DC have? oatmeal and fruit

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011? MOVING TO NC!!!!

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? no idea.  She just got a new baby sister so I'm busy with that.  LOL.  (Christmas/ b'day, etc)

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th? zero plans besides being home with Lydia and DH.  R is going to visit with family

5. What do you usually get on your pizza? pepperoni, but i'd much rather have a margherita pizza

6. What's your least favorite room in your house? What would you do to change it?  no idea since we haven't moved in yet.

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery?  the rocker is gone and we will probably a few more pieces of furniture

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself?  sleep!

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it?  target

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them?  i am not a fan and so far she doesn't have any, but she has favorite characters.  i'm VERY tempted to get her the SS t-shirts at target.  she would FLIP over excitement!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. What did you have for breakfast? A slice of homemade bread with butter What did DC have? Umm...DH fed him this morning LOL and I don't know!

2. What are you looking forward to in the second half of 2011? A trip to Vegas in August for my BFF's wedding - 5 days munchkin free!

3. Do you know what you're getting your DC for the next big occasion? (Christmas/ b'day, etc) No, but he started asking about a "tool table" the other day, so maybe a work bench?

4. Do you have any big plans for the 4th? Nope.  Just hanging around, maybe grill some burgers and light some sparklers.

5. What do you usually get on your pizza? Pepperoni if Liam's sharing.  I'm not picky, I like a good "supreme" with lots of stuff.

6. What's your least favorite room in your house? What would you do to change it? Ugh, pick one!  I am so over our house right now.

7. Do you plan to change the decor in your LO's room into a "big kid room" (when the time comes, if it hasn't already), or just modify the nursery? We haven't done a "theme" for his big boy room, just making small changes as we go.  When he's older, he can help pick a theme.  Right now, we took down the nursery bedding, put up royal blue curtains, and he's got Thomas bedding on his bed.  I know he won't want the Thomas comforter forever, but it was $30, so if he uses it a few years, it was worth it for the excitement factor it inspired in transitioning to his bed! :)

8. What would you do with a weekend all to yourself? Oh man - SLEEP!  And sleep in!  Read a book in one sitting.  Write for hours, without interruption.  Drink a bottle of wine.  This sounds awesome, where can I actually get one?  hehe.

9. If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, where would you use it? Kohls for some clothes, maybe NY&Co for more clothes, and Apple store for an Ipod Touch.

10. Does your DC wear clothes with characters on them? Yep.  He has a couple of Thomas shirts.  He loves them, they are his favorite shirts, and it doesn't bother me a bit!

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thankfully everyone's allowed to have their own opinion about the clothes they like but thank you Wendy for reminding me not to state my opinion on-line if it differs from the masses.  The eye roll wasn't necessary.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imageraceyrae:
    Thankfully everyone's allowed to have their own opinion about the clothes they like but thank you Wendy for reminding me not to state my opinion on-line if it differs from the masses.  The eye roll wasn't necessary.

You're opinion doesn't differ from the masses...that very topic has been discussed before on this board and others have agreed with you.  The emotion in that face is called "confused" if you scroll over it.  It just confuses me why my kids look "tacky" if they are wearing character themed shirts.  No biggie, to each her own.  I'm just not stressing if my kids want to wear a Disney princess shirt out in public--if you don't allow your girls, that's certainly your prerogative. 

My Sweet Girls

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"